Monday, October 30, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Thinking of You Card using ALL & Create's Frayed Frames Dies

"Thinking of You" is this week's theme for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  I made a card that's cut out with  AALL & Create's Frayed Frames die set.  I love those grungy edges!



I started out with the tattered frame die shape, then I painted some splotches on it using Tim Holtz's Brush Mark stencil and Dylusions Polished Jade paint.  Next I tore up some pieces of Dina Wakley Ledger Paper, Set 2, and glued those on.


I stuck on a piece of black and white washi tape from AALL & Create, then I shook on some Paper Artsy Infusions colored stain and spritzed it with water.  I also flicked on some Dina Wakley media gloss spray in Olive.


While that dried, I heat-embossed some white doodles onto some dark blue cardstock (I drew the doodles with an embossing pen, then sprinkled them with white embossing powder, shook off the excess, and heated them up with a heat tool).  I also made a circle frame out of Distress Kraft Heavystock paper, which I added some white paint to.


I tore up the Heavystock frame pretty good and painted it with pink paint.  I also cut my dark blue embossed paper into a wonky oval frame.  I found a scrap collage piece of paper from a former project and added that into the mix (the scrap with the white stars on it).  I scribbled around the focal point with Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks and glued everything to my background.  Then I cut out a person from Tim Holtz's Photoboth images, made a crown for her, and stamped out a "Thinking of You" sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Printmaking Postage stamp set.  I added a fun little edge to the bottom of the frame area that was also cut with the Frayed Frames die set.  It looks like torn notebook paper or something.


I glued the girl to the open frame area, gave her a crown, and also glued on the sentiment.  I was kind of sad to cover up that nice plus-sign washi tape, but so goes the never-ending process of layering and having things disappear as you go along sometimes!


Here are the products I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

We'd love for you to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!  You could win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store.