Monday, November 6, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tag using AALL & Create's Tag It Yourself Dies and Carabelle Studio's Head and Shoulders Stamps

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is to grunge it up!  That is the artsy vibe I love, so it was a joy to make this tag.  We're also featuring products from the fabulous Carabelle Studio.



I started with Strathmore Mixed Media paper, out of which I cut this funky-edged tag using AALL & Create's Tag It Yourself die set.  I splattered on some Distress Stain Spray and then covered over the background with Dina Wakley ledger paper.


Next I started working on my focal element.  I used Tim Holtz's Remnants stamp and Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink to make a background that I cut a circle frame out of.  I also stamped this funny character using Carabelle Studio's Head and Shoulders stamp set.


Next I colored in my character using Distress Watercolor Pencils.  I made a hat for my character and also did some coloring around the circle frame using paints, more Distress Watercolor Pencils and a pen.  I cut a scallop shape out of paper using Studio Light's Scallop Fun (Art by Marlene) die and stamped some text on it using Tim Holtz's Theories stamp set.  I also cut a rectangle out of Kraft Heavystock for another layer.


All that was left was to assemble my pieces together.  I threw a number on my character's hat from Tim Holtz's Number Strip Snippets.  I also made a red ball for the top of my hat and included the word "embark" from Tim Holtz's Chitchat stickers.  I think that word captures a sense of adventure and courage when trying something new.


Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp: