Monday, November 13, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Thankful Tag using Darkroom Door's Ransom Alphabet Stamps and Art by Marlene's Funky Tags

We are focusing on gratitude/Thanksgiving over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week.  I made a tag for the occasion.


I started with an Art by Marlene Funky Tag, which I colored stripes onto using Studio Light markers.


Next I added paint and stamped Seth Apter's mini 77 cling stamp design in the background.


I whipped out my watercolors and added more color to the white section of the background.  I also added some black and white washi tape from AALL & Create.  I scribbled a bit around the framed-out middle section with a Chipped Sapphire Distress Crayon.  I stamped the "We give thanks to God" sentiment using Darkroom Door's Ransom Alphabet stamps and fussy cut the words out.


I finished off the tag by gluing the words to the front.


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I love this time of year and the reminder to focus on gratitude.  There are so many good things in our lives and in the world around us even when it's hard to see the light sometimes.  I'm looking forward to the projects you submit to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  You could win a $25 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.