Our theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to layer it up. I love layering -- maybe a little too much! This one turned out a little crazy and the elements I use along the way always seem to get covered up by the end, so I wonder why I even include process pictures. But I do enjoy playing with paper bits and scraps and scribbling on stuff!
I started by stamping this image from Seth Apter (EM142) in red ink and then I grabbed some painted collage scraps I had.
I stamped some numbers from Tim Holtz and cut a tag shape out of kraft cardstock using a Simon die. I decided to fold my tag, so that's where the lines came from for some added texture. Then I punched some holes in a collage scrap and glued that to my stamped image. I added paint.
Next I added more stamping and scribbling to the tag.
To finish it off, I glued the frame to the tag and added a yearbook photo and the word "here". School started this week in my area and I was thinking about how the teachers call roll and students say "here" or "present" or whatever else they say to prove they're alive and paying attention enough to answer. Good times!
I stamped some numbers from Tim Holtz and cut a tag shape out of kraft cardstock using a Simon die. I decided to fold my tag, so that's where the lines came from for some added texture. Then I punched some holes in a collage scrap and glued that to my stamped image. I added paint.
Next I added more stamping and scribbling to the tag.
I glued all the layers on top of each other and added some fabric scraps. I also cut out a few pieces of patterned paper and added those on. Then I cut a circular frame and stamped some text onto it from a Simon stamp set.
To finish it off, I glued the frame to the tag and added a yearbook photo and the word "here". School started this week in my area and I was thinking about how the teachers call roll and students say "here" or "present" or whatever else they say to prove they're alive and paying attention enough to answer. Good times!
Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:
- Seth Apter Stamps: EM142, EM124
- Tim Holtz Deconstructed Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp Luggage Tags Die Set
- Tim Holtz Glitch 1 Stamp Set
- Simon's Heart Suite Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Cello Tape
- Dina Wakley Paint
- Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks 5
- Amy Tangerine Paper Play Book
- Odile Bailloeul Festival Fat Quarter Bundle
- Watercolors
- Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
- Distress Ink: Festive Berries
Let's see your layers this week! Upload your layered creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!








