Friday, May 3, 2013

My Cards and Tags: Pretty Prima Bird

Well loyal blog readers, if you've been keeping score, you know that I LOVE two things: fabric and birds!  I decided to combine them with some of those gorgeous new Prima collections I've been talking about to make this little birdie card:


I used the bird stamp from the Prima Lyric collection (SUCH a cute bird!) and stamped it right onto some fabric that I layered and inked. 


 I also threw a Prima flower in there.  The "wonky" hand-drawn-looking frame is from the Prima Lifetime collection and the background paper is from the Prima Sunrise Sunset collection.  I also made a strip of corrugated background paper using the Marvy Uchida "Corru-gator" tool.  To finish it off, I used a piece of the Prima Ledger Pad and a Stampin' Up! border punch to replicate the look of a torn notebook page.

This is a great time of year to be a fan of paper because there are all sorts of brand new collections out that I am so excited to explore!  Yay for new paper!