Saturday, July 20, 2013

My Cards and Tags: True to Herself

I was totally sucked in to Julie Nutting's art style when I first saw it, so I was excited when she released her stamp line (via Prima) so that all of us could easily create some classy ladies!  Here's a card I made using one of her amazing mixed media girl stamps:


I made the dress out of fabric scraps and added some Washi tape to the background for even more visual interest.  I also used chalk to color in the girl's skin and hair and rosy cheeks.  All the paper I used is from a collection by DCWV called, "The Primrose Stack."  I dig the romantic pastels and soft images it has.


Lastly, I finished off the card with a great sentiment stamp from Unity Stamp Company ("She remained true to herself").  I love that saying because it reminds me to live up to whatever I hold most dear and to not waste energy trying to be someone else.  Not easy, but so vital! 

4 comments:

  1. Love that sentiment! You are so right. It *IS* vital to be true to yourself.

    I love that you paper pieced this with fabric. You should do a tutorial. It is so cool. And so fabulously YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love how this looks and how all the colours blend so nicely. A reminder that you don't always need the "perfect" piece of fabric to make something look fabulous. And, the sentiment just finishes it off so well. A woman can reveal many "colours" of herself, and still remain true to self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have enjoyed these stamps. I have purchased every doll stamp and have had more fun with them. I love that you used fabric. It gives her dress such great texture....so pretty! Julie Nutting appeared several times on the Prima Ustream Channel and gave many tips and tricks which were so fun. I totally fell hard for these stamps. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you sure have inspired me!! Beautifully designed - I would love to be able to wear a dress just like this!!
    Sandy


    ReplyDelete