Sunday, April 5, 2015

My Other Creations: Pastry Banner

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is, "A is for....."  Maybe I was hungry when I started brainstorming, but A was for Appetite for me.  I was craving something sweet and flaky and frosted and fattening, so I paid homage to pastry with this little banner:

 
I could picture this adorning a table or a tiered cake stand to highlight that perfect...ah-hem....store-bought cake or cupcake collection (baking- not a forte of mine).

This wasn't too hard to make because I incorporated some great little journaling cards from Melissa Frances' Sweet Life set and that did half of the work for me.  Note to self: continue to investigate alternate uses for journaling cards, which are fabulous!  

 
I cut some banners using the Little B Pennant die (fishtail flags) and My Favorite Things' Jumbo Party Hat die (triangle pennants).  I also used the My Favorite Things donut die to create the donut embellishments.

 
I punched out some circles, folded them in half and glued them to each other with the yarn in between for an added bit of dimension.  I attached all the pieces to a fabric strip, added some fabric scrap ribbons, flowers and some cute little bows make with Tim Holtz's paper string.


Unfortunately, making this banner only made me crave a donut more and not less, so it's off to the bakery I go!  And speaking of worthwhile shopping, I got these fantastic banner supplies from Simon Says Stamp:




Surely you will come up with some ever-so-clever A projects!  Upload them to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so we can bask in your creativity.  You'll also be automatically entered in the Simon Says Stamp drawing for a $50 store voucher.  Can't wait to see what you make!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

18 comments:

  1. Aww, this is so cute!! love your appetite banner, Andrea. It is very interesting to see dimensional circles, cute flowers, ribbons and laces with pennants ..great! thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! So pretty in pastry and who doesn't want a banner full of goodies! Charming banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. this is such a fabulous design! Love all the sweet and beautiful details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and creative banner! Loving the theme!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a gorgeous shabby banner this is!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that line by Jenny Holiday! So adorable. Hope your donut was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This banner is so pretty! Love love love it! The yummy things on it like the cake makes me hungry, off to the kitchen for a little snack! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is YUMMY!! Not just for the cake…..ooops!!no! no! no!….I'm diabetic!!! This banner is fantastic because of all the little details - the circles, the flowers, the fabric……love it!!! Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! I just love your style and just wanted to say your featured projects on the SSS blog are amazing!! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!!!! I love your soft colors , pink and blue are so beautiful together! Amazing as always! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can you not fall in love with this?!?! It's just so cute and there is so much detail packed into it, I can't stop staring at this little beauty! I just totally and utterly LOVE it, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolute awesomeness! I love the clever way you used the journaling cards and doughnut dies and I'm very glad I'm eating my breakfast right now otherwise I'd have to make a run to the doughnut shop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "...sweet and flaky and frosted and fattening..."
    Yes! That, and a whole lot more!
    Please tell me that you've displayed this somewhere where it can be enjoyed. This confection banner is by far, the sweetest banner that I've ever seen. And yes...the pun was intended. But so was the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This banner is so cute Andrea! And it has a wonderfully happy feeling to it. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful interpretation of the prompt, love your pastry inspired banner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very disappointed that no cakes were harmed in the making of this banner. Glad you are off to remedy that. Have a donut for me please. Great idea with the journalling cards. Since I have some but don't journal I too shall look at alternative uses. Hugz

    ReplyDelete