Monday, December 19, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Party Card using Avery Elle's Banner Celebrations Stamps and Elizabeth Crafts' Alphabet Tabs Dies

PARTY TIME is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I made a celebratory card to ring in 2023.


I started by doodling around with watercolors and some paint on scraps of white paper, then I tore them up and glued them onto a Kraft Heavystock background.


Next I spritzed on some Distress Oxide spray (Weathered Wood) through Tim Holtz's Gradient Dot stencil.  Then I cut and painted some number tabs using Elizabeth Crafts' Alphabet Tabs die set.  So versatile!  I also made a pointed party hat for the bunny that is coming next.  I used black washi tape from AALL & Create to make the hat.


I stamped the bunny image on white paper, then colored it in with Distress Watercolor pencils and fussy-cut it out.  I also added some blue paint to the edges of the hat and I cut out some strips from Dina Wakley's Ledger Set 1 to serve as a sentiment.  I sewed the number tabs onto the side of the card and I also made a black border at the bottom of the card using the same washi tape that matches the hat.


I blended on some more acrylic paints and scribbled around the edges with Distress Watercolor Pencils.  I cut some of the words out of the ledger strips and glued them on as well.  I glued my hat to my bunny and added some more scraps here and there, like the ABC's toward the bottom of the card.


And so my card was done!  Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

How will you express party time?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire others and to earn yourself a chance at winning a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.