Monday, February 6, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love is in the Air Tea Bag Envelopes using Paper Artsy Infusions

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is "love is in the air."  We are also highlighting products from Paper Artsy.  I converted some tea bags into little love note envelopes.


I started out with some tea bags I found in my stash (unused and with no tea inside.  I suppose they were created so you can make your own tea?  I don't know much about tea, but I liked the bags for crafty purposes).  I sprinkled Paper Artsy Infusions color stain powder onto each bag, then sprayed them with water and let them dry.  One thing I like about the Infusions color stains are that they come with dark brown grains, which adds another layer of color.


I smeared and dabbed on some acrylic paint next.


I tore up a collage that I made for a project a couple of weeks ago and glued on the scraps.  I also added some stamping from Tim Holtz's Media Marks 2 stamp set.


I added some white paint and scribbled a border on each tea bag using Distress watercolor pencils.  I finished these off by stamping the "love" sentiment from one of the Christmas phrases in Tim Holtz's Seasonal Scribbles stamp set, cutting it out, and gluing it to the front of the envelopes. 





Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

Share your crafty projects with us by uploading them to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  We love to see what you've created and you also have a chance at winning a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.