Monday, October 14, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Black and Orange Halloween Tag using Dina Wakley's Pocket Squares and Tim Holtz's Halloween Whatnots

This week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog we are pulling inspiration from a Fall mood board created by our own talented Macarena.  I zeroed in on the orange and black, which led me to create a Halloween tag.




I started by cutting a tag and stamping the whole surface with Dina Wakley's Pocket Squares stamp set.  The stamps are laid out together so you can stamp an entire huge grid of faces, or you can pop them out individually.  I just inked the stamp as it was without separating any of the images and stamped it down on my tag.

Next I toned down some of the areas with white paint and while that dried, I stenciled orange dots onto some deli paper using Dina's Dotted Tape stencil and paint and also stenciled dots onto white cardstock.  I punched holes in the cardstock to make circular "frames" that I put around some of the people's faces.

After I added the dot scraps to my tag, I smeared on some Salvaged Patina paint.

I brought some green to the party in the form of paint and Distress Watercolor Pencils and drew a hat and cut out a black circle.  The circle is cut from Marlene's Postage Madness patterned paper.  I also stamped the Tim Holtz sentiment from the Whatnots set onto deli paper.

I glued these elements to my tag and decided to go for one more witch hat.  I cut this one out of Tim Holtz's Vault Wicked die set, then I decorated it with polka dots and paint and added that on as well.

With the second witch hat in place, I added some black paint around the edges of my tag and it was done.

Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp: