Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Holly Jolly Christmas Cheer

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is Holiday Cards.  I'm still in denial about the fact that we're into December already, but I have embraced the Holiday-ness by making this festive card:


I started with this fabulous wood background paper from Webster's Pages' Hall Pass collection, then I made some circles with the Prima Honeycomb stencil and a Sharpie.  I smeared some Distress Ink around the circles for the background.  I added some dimensional dots, too, from Mama Elephant's Rounds and Rounds die set (buttons and sequins).  I outlined them with embroidery floss.


I love these holiday flashcards from Tim Holtz, which I layered on after inking around their edges.  I also utilized the fabulous Scribble Trees dies and stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and used the inside shapes from the Mama Elephant dies (stars) to top the trees.  I added on the Christmas sentiment from the Merry Christmas Simon Says Stamp die.


I finished off the card by adding, "And a Happy New Year, too!" with Tim Holtz's label letters stickers (they've become a favorite staple of mine).

Here's the full product list for this card, all of which are available at Simon Says Stamp:

 
I am truly excited to see the holiday cards you create!  Upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to inspire and win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

14 comments:

  1. What a super combination of elements you used Andrea. Your card has a modern funky vibe that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the freshness of how you pull everything together into beautiful art! Love the embroidery circles and how you used the flashcards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Andrea! Lovin' all the dots and distressed detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Play/work is always such an inspiration to me Andrea, I love your bright colors, and the ability to pull off this is great... love it... all of your work is GREAT... Miss seeing your items... glad to be sort of back into the realm... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Andrea, the colours are so vibrant and fun and I love the addition of the flash cards too. Gorgeous design. Very eye catching. Hope you are well. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Andrea, a really beautiful card with bright but vintaged colours and a real retro feel to it. Love it.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the typed sentiment at the bottom :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful holiday card! I always love the fabulous color scheme on your creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Andrea! Love the circles, colours and fun trees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every week you blow me away with your projects and this week, you've done it again! I absolutely LOVE this card ~ it's different, the colour palette is amazing and it's just so YOU! Fabulous work as always, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Andrea!!! I LOVE this card! It is so whimsical, so original, so YOU! I love your use of Tim's flash cards on your front. Those little trees are adorable and I love the green circles of twine. Those are so simple but add so much. Your art just mesmerizes me. I am such a huge fan of your art. Thank you SOOO much for the comments you left me!! You make my heart happy! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your palette is always incredible! I can't stop to love it! Absolutely wonderful work! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious bold and breezy colours - so lovely on another grim grey day here today.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete