Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Other Creations: Lucky Lady Collage

'Tis the season of shamrocks and the wearin' o' the green!  And in fact, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme this week is, "just a hint of clover."  I can't think of clovers without thinking of luck and I can't think of luck without acknowledging how fortunate I am to have so many blessings in my life.  And so I made a Lucky Lady collage, picturing in my mind a woman who knows that has has found a great many treasures to be thankful for each day.


I started my background by overlapping three pieces of my favorite Prima paper.


Bring on the Gesso!


I stamped on various circles using Ranger Jet Black Archival ink and stamp sets with nifty wonky circles.


Next I painted inside the circles using Dina Wakley's acrylic paints.  I smudged Distress Ink all around the circles in corresponding colors.



I stamped a Dina Wakley girl head, then hand-drew her dress and crown.  I cut them out, assembled the girl, then added her to my collage.  I also put some Prima black wire thread around her crown and on the bottom of her dress and smudged more Distress Ink here and there.  I cut indentations out of her dress so some of the circles were behind her while others were in front.  I heat embossed some birds on the bottom of her skirt then stamped the sentiments and other little touches, cut them out and adhered them to the scene.


I thoroughly enjoyed this project and hope your March brings luck and happiness and minimal pinchings for not wearing green!

Here are the supplies I used for my project, which you can get from Simon Says Stamp:




I can't wait to see what creations you come up with for this week's challenge.  Be sure to upload your work to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you'll be automatically entered to win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.  May luck be with you as you enter!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

21 comments:

  1. Thank you for the step by step! I love seeing the creative process to a glorious end result. Beautiful image you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really turned out nice and I appreciate the theme. Being grateful is good medicine!

    Your demo shows that journaling can be married with collage very effectively with your process of stamping various elements then cutting them out to paste them where they look best.

    The dress, the bubbles, the birdies at the base--there's so much sweetness here. Looking at it, I can just feel the pleasure you had making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you show your process! This is beautiful! I love all the way down to the little birds on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project Andrea! Love the soft inky blended background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea I love everything about this-from the background papers to the Dian image to the quirky birdies, to your added personal touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for d step by step. I really liked the way uve brought together diff patter paper together with gesso, so they look like part of d Same piece. Your page emanates peace n a silent message of happiness with the colour choice that I liked too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracious Andrea, how do you get the wire to fasten to the paper? I think you sort of see in 3d the way you make all these layers fit together. Amazing! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! Excellent question! I used Prima Thread Wire and since it's wire that's been wrapped with thread, glue works well on it. I bent the wire into shape, then put some Aleene's Turbo Tacky glue on it. I placed it on my paper, then set a heavy book on top of it to hold it down until it dried. It worked great! Hope that helps and I'm sure any glue would do the job nicely as long as it dries clear in case it gets sloppy.

      Delete
  8. Love the beautiful colors on your project, Andrea. Great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing, Andrea! What a wonderful collage! Love the black and cream with the pop of color and you did a wonderful job of drawing in her dress and crown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so full if energy and color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Andrea! Love this colorful piece! She really looks like a true Lucky lady! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great piece full of vibrant color! Love your little story about your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore you! Your style is so incredible, beautiful and colorful! Wow!!!! I love this page, i love your tutorial! Absolutely stunning! I'm your fan!!!! BARbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely amazing! Everything about your work is so unique and your colour palettes always fascinate me. Wonderful artwork as always, Andrea and it's such a pleasure to see your creative process of how you put these projects together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous celebration of good fortune - the colours, the composition - a total wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. loved this step-by -step !! really wonderful how you created various elements and they came together so beautifully !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on the SSS blog today and had to stop over here and just tell you how much I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Had to come over from Simon to see how this all came together. So much to love! Each of the individual pieces is great and the end result is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete