Monday, December 12, 2016

My Other Creations: Paper Christmas Village Using Hero Arts' Gingerbread House die

"Let There Be Snow" is this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme.  I made a mini paper village celebrating the first dusting of snow, which is always beautiful!


I started out by building a 3D house using Hero Arts' Gingerbread House die.  The houses are nice and deep, so I actually cut one house in half to make two more narrow houses.  I stuck on some patterned paper and washi tape to give them some oomph.


Once I'd embellished them a bit, I added a thin layer of white paint here and there to represent just a touch of snow.


The little kitty cat is from Crate Paper's Cute Girl paper pad and the flower cluster is from My Mind's Eye's Hello Gorgeous collection.


The second house has patterned paper from Bo Bunny's Believe set (orange polka dots), Perfectly Plaid, and another flower from My Mind's Eye's Hello Gorgeous line.  I added a number from a strip of measuring tape ribbon I had in my stash.



I made some trees for my village by cutting triangle shapes and rolling them into cones, then adding stars to the top.  The paper is from Sizzix's Merry and Bright collection and the stars are cut with a die from Neat and Tangled called, "Seeing Stars."  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is washi tape from Doodlebug.

Hope you stay warm and dry (or pleasantly cool- depending on the climate) for your holiday season!  And if you do get snowed in, browse Simon Says Stamp!  Here are the supplies I used that you can find there:


What wonderful snowy creations will you create this week?  Be sure to upload your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store!

16 comments:

  1. super cute houses Andrea :-) I love the papers and tapes etc that you used to decorate, very artsy and they definitely have lots of oomph! ;-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so adorable. I love the papers you used and those trees are fabulous!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are sweet! Love the scene you've created Andrea! Simple, but with lots of fun details when you look closely. Love the cone trees with their dusting of snow, and the houses are wonderful. So cool how you can add bits and pieces and make something so neat. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Andrea! Love the combo of patterned papers that you used :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet little village! I adore your whimsical trees! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Very cute village and very innovative to cut the building in half-- it mashes me think that these are two parts to a double-wide! Cute scene,my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your village - just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delightful village - I love the shape of the trees, and the wonderfully whitewashed layered papers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful! I love the bright, happy cottages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that! I love the houses with all those images, the cat rocks of course! Lovely 3D design and a sweet home decoration for Xmas. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  11. how adorable...love your cute alternative christmas village...genius...hugskath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. how adorable...love your cute alternative christmas village...genius...hugskath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightful village full of colour and is just so cute and adorable...I love this Andrea and as always, it's so unique and so very YOU! Have a magical Christmas my friend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creation is super cute, Andrea. Love the beautiful soft color scheme and the lovely patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your village is so cute Andrea! I love the trees you made and the houses with the various patterned papers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your ability to mix different patterned papers! Your village is beautiful and so cute! your personal color combo is always fabulous! Barbara

    ReplyDelete