Monday, December 5, 2016

My Other Creations: Notebook Made with Simon Says Stamp's Hand Lettered Encouragement set

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is all about Christmas gifts!  Decorate them, make them-- whatever you feel inspired to do.  And we're highlighting some of Simon's own fabulous products.  I decided to make a notebook to give as a gift.


I started out with a notebook and all I did was revamp the cover.  I traced the shape of the notebook onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper and stamped on some images with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink.  I used trees from Simon's One With Nature stamp set (I wanted the inside of the trees blank, so I didn't ink the branches of the stamp this time) and the circles are a versatile fave from Simon's I Love Donuts stamp set.


Next I started "coloring" with sponges dabbed in Distress Ink.  I smeared color into the trees and into some of the different circles.  Then I dragged white paint down the piece. 



I've been having fun experimenting with coffee filters lately, so I cut a filter into strips, colored them with green Distress Ink, and glued them to the base of the cover.  I stamped a sentiment that I love (from Simon's Hand Lettered Encouragement set) on top of everything and glued my cover on top of the notebook.  Then I decided to add an embellishment to the top of the spine.  I made it by setting an eyelet in a piece of ruler ribbon and looping some Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon and other fibers through.  I colored the crinkle ribbon with Distress Ink and water.  Once it was done, I glued it to the top of the spine.


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I can't wait to see how you are inspired by this week's theme!  Upload your works of genius to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store!

14 comments:

  1. You know how much I love your little notebooks, Andrea, and this one is right up there with my favorites. So pretty!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you mix patterns and stamps and colors amazes me each time more! You are so freely brave in creating. I love your crazy style! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote is so true. Love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This notebook is so pretty and I love the sentiment! Perfect reminder on those down days!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could (or should) open your own little 'book store' of sorts! Love your creative ways! This is just another fabulous project! Loving the colors and the stamps and the fibers. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever and pretty! What an amazing idea! Those colors are gorgeous 💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great saying to keep us going, Andrea! I like how bold it is against your background. Great use of those trees, they look like they might in the fog - there, but somewhat hidden. Love the bright colors!! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are amazing...I love how you put images and colour together...I have the Nature stamp set and would never have thought to use it as you have...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are amazing...I love how you put images and colour together...I have the Nature stamp set and would never have thought to use it as you have...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! Simply wonderful! I love how your projects are always so delicate yet powerful! Love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful creation, Andrea. I really love the great sentiment and the pretty colors on the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous Andrea! I adore the colours and the layers of this project ~ each layer just brings more and more interest to the cover and the sentiment is the perfect finishing touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are always able to give me a charge of positive energy! The colors you use express a feeling of joy and serenity at the same time! I love the technique of covering parts of the work with white !!!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. This notebook is amazing, Andrea! I love that quote and I'm in love with your unique use of colors! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete