Monday, January 16, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Concord & 9th- Sweet and Cool Stamp Set

"Chill Out" is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I decided to incorporate a popsicle in this cool-themed card:


I couldn't decide on which direction to go with this card, so I just kept layering and layering. The base is made from Simple Stories' Basics woodgrain paper, then a scrap paper square next (from my stash) with a gray lattice pattern.  I used Stitched Scallop Square dies from My Favorite Things to cut a yellow frame (Doodlebug Gingham and Linen paper) with a plaid inside (Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid).  I added a floral circle from Echo park's Homemade Happiness paper collection.  I stamped, inked and cut out the popsicle from Concord & 9th's Sweet and Cool stamp set and added it on top.  I added some faux stitching on top of the popsicle and some splats from Concord & 9th's Lots of Blots stamp set.


I stamped circles on top of the whole thing using Tim Holtz's Halftone and Rings stamp and Memento Ink's London Fog.  I painted inside some of the circles with white paint and added Distress Ink and Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Ink.  I finished it off with the sentiment.  I cut the word "Cool" from Tim Holtz's Word Play alphabet and typed out "is what you are" on my We R typewriter.

I'm lucky to have a lot of cool people in my life and also a very cool store to shop at!  Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I'm excited to see how you interpret this week's theme!  Upload your creation to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store.



16 comments:

  1. I love this card Andrea, a fabulous take on the them and the arty popsicle and the colours are gorgeous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a cool journal card. So many elements and yet the transparent Popsicle and eye drawing circles leave it not looking busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, Andrea! You always use the prettiest patterned paper in your projects with the prettiest colors. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love Popscicles? An iconic American staple! I love the fun colors and patterns, Andrea!
    I have missed you!
    I've become lazy and got away from blogging. It was easy to scroll through Instagram and click "like" on everything, but I missed that human connection that blogging offers.
    It's good to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely light and bright reminder of summer... your translucent popsicle is brilliant. Wish it was warm enough here to want one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the papers/colors/images/ I love this whole card and so ready for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I love the direction you went with your oh, so cool card! Love the bright colors, and how you used up bits of papers, then tie it all together with that luscious popsicle and the giant letters! and the faux stitching is an awesome touch! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hihi anoter crazy colored project! How I love them for their freshness and that they are so full of happiness. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and fabulous creation, Andrea. Love the the cute popsicle and the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you've done it again sister...love all the layering...beautiful colours and the way you've used the Wordplay alphabet...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you are but what am I?
    This is cool! Awesome summer-take on what most will percieve as a winter theme this time of year. I love that popsicle 😋

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ... Popsicle... you are so so original, I love this interpretation of our challenge! Every week i'm waiting for your work! i'm always so curious to see what you will create! Amazing as always, love the colors and the layers! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool, Andrea! Love the bright colors and patterns, and the popsicle is brilliant! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. As the sentiment says on the card...this is so cool, Andrea! I love the mix of colours and patterns and just adore your interpretation of the theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Cool is what you are, Andrea! Love this. Such gorgeous layers and colours and what a great idea with the popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love her so much and you've used her just beautifully here! My friend made me a similar collage and I've packed it in the move, and will dig it out right now! Thanks for the inspiration and reminder! ;0 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete