Monday, January 2, 2017

My Other Creations: Clipboard Using Altenew Scrapbook Kit

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is, "Start Afresh," meaning play with something fresh out of the package!  I decided to make a clipboard using some fun elements from Altenew's Scrapbook Kit.  And I love Carabelle Studio products, which I've also incorporated.


I started by covering the clipboard with a piece of polka dot paper from the scrapbook kit, which I covered the heck out of with white paint.  When that dried, I stamped some colorful scallop shapes using Carabelle Studio's Frise Nuage edge die.  I also stamped a middle section using Carabelle Studio's Mixed Media Strips.  I painted over it so you can just hints of it.  I added some patterned paper scraps from the new Happiness is Homemade paper kit from Echo Park (another awesome collection) and used Carabelle Studio's Textures 1 die set to cut the fish-tail banner out of Simon vintage paper.  I finished it off with the "Beautiful" word, also from the scrapbook kit.

  
Here are the items I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I'm excited to see what 2017 brings and wish you all the best as we embark on a new year!  Be sure to upload your "start afresh" projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous clipboard Andrea, I love the elements you have used and had to go and check out the scrapbook kit!! I need one of those too!! 😊 The whole design of this is gorgeous

    Happy New Year!! 🎆
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty clipboard, Andrea! Love the colors and design!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fresh as always! Love the brightness of the clipboard. Wishing you a Happy Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat! I love the use of the Nuage Edge cling stamp and Mixed media background stamp. I love the way you layer things with stamping and painting over and paper glued on top and then partially covered. It all semms so effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool clipboard! I love all the layering :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project, Andrea! Love the mix off the painty with the papery elements, and the white with the color pops! This looks like it will be a lot of fun to use! Happy New Year! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've wanted to alter a clipboard--tried one in a class that just wasn't me. Yours, however, is artistic & gorgeous--very inspiring! Thank you so much for leaving me such a positive comment--really brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just as the sentiment says...beautiful! Another wonderful piece of artwork and the colours are just divine, it's gorgeous Andrea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the word BEAUTIIFUL says it all Andrea...absolutely gorgeous... hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautiful sentiment on this clipboard! The background colors and texture are awesome! Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Super cool project!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete