Monday, April 3, 2017

My Other Creations: Notebook Using Tim Holtz Cityscape Dies

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is to make a rainbow!  I made a fat little notebook with a city scene under a rainbow.



I really like the new Tim Holtz Cityscape dies, which I used on my notebook cover and inside the pages.  I gave the buildings some texture by using Washi tape and paint.  I started by covering white cardstock with random strips of Washi.


Next I ran the Washi-taped cardstock through my Sizzix Big Shot to cut out the city shapes, then I painted over the buildings with acrylic paint.  I inked around their edges with black and brown ink to give them a more weathered look and outlined the buildings with a Sharpie.


I used a scallop tag by Pretty Pink Posh for the cover, which I cut out of Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I decorated it with star stencils and acrylic paint and framed it out with some faux woodgrain paper from Simple Stories.  I made the notebook itself with the Cinch tool and I stuck buildings and the rainbow into different sections of the notebook pages to make it look dimensional.  I stamped on the rainbow and the cloud with Tim Holtz stamps. Here's a view from the top with the pages spread out a bit.


I finished this project off with a Tim Holtz Big Chat sticker.


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I'm excited to see how you interpret our rainbow theme!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!



16 comments:

  1. LOVE this Andrea!! the whole cityscape and there rainbow looks fabulous!! WOW!! I wish I had your imagination :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your notebook, Andrea! What an amazing way to use the cityscape dies. I love the design of this and how the rainbow hangs over your city. It's so clever!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is even more crazy that all the previous projects! Lovely idea and so off the page work! Great mixture of colors turns it into rainbow itself. I love all teh outstanding elements! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, Andrea! Love the funky city you've created. Especially love that they are sticking out on top of the pages. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your fat little notebook! The city looks amazing, and the design is perfectly you! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous looking book and very creative use of the cityscape dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like everyone else said Andrea, this is very cool, and I do love how you have used the cityscape die pieces to mark your pages. You have a great imagination station and I get wait to see your next project. Love Tim Holtz stuff! Great job, really do love your little journal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously! I don't think you have left anything out of this one, Andrea!! Rainbows, colors, a book, layers, textures, buildings, oh my! Love, love, love how when you close the book, it all comes together - brilliant!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I want to visit this funky place! It looks like a set design for a Broadway show. LUV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kind of town (with a penthouse view, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Andrea!!! This is such an amazing project and just an outstanding piece of art...I love every little detail and adore your take on the Cityscapes dies! Perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this gorgeous creation, Andrea. It's so magical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic project Andrea! I love those washi tape buildings and how you placed them all over the book to create a dimensional city.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love how you used Tim's new dies...you are one very clever sausage...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea ... How can I say something about your work? I have no words! It's fabulous! the city that pops out of book is absolutely extraordinary! And I adore your way to use in your style Tim's products! Outstanding! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your altered book is amazing Andrea.... Love how colorful it is and how you have everything popping out of it. I just want to touch it....

    ReplyDelete