Monday, June 12, 2017

My Other Creations: Life Collage Using Die-Cuts to Add Texture

"Touchy Feely" is our challenge theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  That means texture!  I used some die cuts to build up texture, along with some crinkly-folded circles and some paper flowers.




One of my favorite tricks with die-cut shapes is to use the negative cuts, too.  To make the spiral in my project, I placed three Seth Apter coffee ring dies inside of each other, then ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot.  Here's how the negative shape turned out:



Another fun trick is to use crinkly-folded circles.  I fold a circle in half, then in half again (fourths), then I make diagonal folds in between that, then I open it up and it has some nice dimension.



You can't go wrong with paper flowers, either, so I attached some of those to a Tim Holtz wildflower die.  I added a few bits of Washi tape here and there, then stamped out the "life" sentiment and added it on.



Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I can't wait to see how you add some texture this week!  Upload your touchy feely creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store!

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Andrea :-) I love the coffee die cut and the colours, the crinkle flowers, everything is absolutely gorgeous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drawn to this card, I really love the colors. I'm new to mixed media and really like your style! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning project! Your creative ideas are absolutely out of my comfort zone but I love them so much. Great colors and patterns. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vibrancy of colors you are always able to achieve on your projects. Love the design on this one too, as always.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. The textures and the drippy paints really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab!! Great texture and love the bright colors :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So FAB....as always! Love your colors and collagey-ness of this project! That sweet little white flower die cut is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Andrea...love it! The 'negative' spiral idea is just brilliant!!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fantastic! i love the way you use colors..every project of yours is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this kind of art. Awesome colors and great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful way to use the 'negative' of the dies, the colours you used are quite stunning and those dainty wallflowers look so beautiful. The crinkly flowers are such a lovely touch too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely fantastic! love all the yummy texture and the colors you used :) Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project, Andrea! Your textures are wonderful - love your crinkly circle idea, and using the negative is brilliant. Then, your drippy colors are so rich and I just love them, especially with all the white space you left - I really, really have to try that! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  14. another Andrea masterpiece...love the bright drippy colours and hey the crinkly circles are genius...love the addition of the small flowers...enjoy your weekend my friend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the way you use dies within your work, Andrea and this is no exception, it's such a wonderful piece of artwork and such a clever way to create the texture for you piece! Stunning work, as always... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning Andrea! I love how you used that circle negative. Beautiful colours as always.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fabulous creation, Andrea. The colors and the texture you created are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow wow wow what a wonderful project! Love the layers, the textures and the flowers are perfect ! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just amazing - the crumpled book page dots draw my eye amidst all the rainbow texture of the roughly applied paint. Fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete