Monday, June 5, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Car Tag Using Cityscape Commute Dies

When I learned that this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme was "masculine," I asked my hubby what kind of a card he would like that would be manly.  He thought for a minute and said, "Something with knives.  And a hawk."  :)  Well, since I didn't have any knife or hawk supplies available, I went with cars.




To make the cars, I started with a classic technique of covering a piece of paper with Washi tape strips.



I cut the cars out of the Washi paper and added some paint.  Once the paint dried, I outlined them with a Sharpie.



I made my tag out of Strathmore Mixed Media paper and added paint, a text circle, stamping and a sentiment from the Cool Kid paper collection by Crate Paper.



Last but not least, I added my cars and this tag was done!



Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I'm always looking for good ideas for masculine cards (until I buy that elusive knife and hawk stamp set), so be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  You'll be automatically entered to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store!

21 comments:

  1. Too funny! I love the happy colors and the sense of energy on your tag. It really does have a fun vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, you do make me laugh :-) I love how you gave your hubby a choice and then totally ignored him LOL I love the colours and the whole car theme , absolutely fabulous *beep beep* :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grungy background is superb and I really like how you made the cars from washi tape covered card - they look amazing! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least your husband gave you an answer. If I were to ask my husband what to put on a card or tag he would say, "I don't know." I love the background you created and the way you made the cards is so clever and fabulous! Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy! I would never imagine the cars could be made out of washi tapes! You are my idol :-) Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Awesome idea with layering the washi tape to make your "paper" - your mind sure works in mysterious, er, wonderful ways! Sounds like your husband's does too! I am thinking you may have to make that knife and hawk stamp :) Your little retro cars just make me smile, Andrea! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the stacked cars and the collaged background! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha MEN! lol Love your choice much more! :) You make paper, and tags, and paint.....SING! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an unique way to use tape!!!! It is fantastic what you created with the cars! Love your project, as always you are full of inspirations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you didn't have any knives or hawks as the cars are fab and much nicer. Its got me wondering what my hubby's response would be to that question though. Love the way you mix media together, your style is really fun and so inspirational. Thanks for sharing! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS, I love how this all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant Tag Andrea!!! Love it...still giggling about the knives AND a hawk...he he...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely and fun tag, Andrea. Those cars and the colors are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a wonderful tag, Andrea! The collaged background looks amazing and I love those fun cars and the colours you've chosen to use ~ stunning work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,what a great tag! The background you created is awesome...love all the details.The cars, trucks and signage are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...what a fun tag Andrea...love the background and how you used washi tape for the cars...you are a genius my friend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Knives and a hawk! That is funny. I love how you made all those cars here Andrea and the outline was a fantastic idea. The background is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too funny about your husband - knives and hawks!!! Your tag is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love to see how you've created your tag! It's fabulous and as always your ideas are so original! Love the design and colors too! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, knives and hawks... sounds like a hipster store on Portlandia: "knife and hawk." All lower-case, cuz, you know, Portland.
    Great tag, my friend. Really like the finished vehicles... fun! Want to play with them, or decorate a baby boy's onesie and sell it at knife and hawk for $85!

    ReplyDelete