Monday, November 6, 2017

My Other Creations: Gratitude Card Stack

"Thanks / Thanksgiving" is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I made a stack of cards stating some of the things I'm grateful for.


I started by using one of my favorite techniques for covering large spaces with color.  I sprayed Strathmore Mixed Media paper with Dylusions Ink, then spritzed some more water on it to blend the colors.

Next I added white paint, some of which was applied over a Tim Holtz Splotches stencil.  I also punched circles out of some text paper and glued that on as well.

Next I added some orange and yellow tones back in with more paint, then spritzed water on some Brusho crystals.

I cut my page up into smaller squares and rectangles and stamped some images onto my cards with Ranger Black Archival Ink and IndigoBlu stamps.

I added some fabric scraps and outlined each card with a black Sharpie.

I found words to represent my blessings, both major and minor, and glued them onto my cards.  I also added some silver eyelets.

To create a stand for my cards to stack onto, I found a wooden platform and painted it black.  I had the talented hubs drill a hole in the wood, through which we hammered a silver post.  I made an easel-style stand out of a piece of chipboard.  Then I simply stacked the cards onto the post.  Here it is a view from the side:

And here's a view head-on (when it's being displayed vertically):

And here it is from the back (not super attractive, but effective).

You can also fold the easel stand down and display it flat down and then twirl the pages around to your liking.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


This is a great challenge theme and I can't wait to see how you interpret it!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.

17 comments:

  1. LOVE this project Andrea!! I have such a lot to be thankful for and this is a really original and 'novel' (get it?! ;-)) way to display your blessings :-) the backgrounds are fabulous and I just love the whole design of this. It is also so sweet that you made this with your talented hubby too ❤️

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creativity both in the overall idea and the colors! I love this project which can evaluate by adding some more cards or changing those hanged already. Your splashing with colors is always amazing and so extremely positive and optimistic! Love it. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea, Andrea! I always love your amazing colors and the design of this is so clever. What a wonderful visual way to keep those things we need to be grateful for right in front of us. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, Andrea! I love that you and hubs worked on this one together and came up with a great way to display all that gratitude. I can see this definitely taking a seat of honor at the Thanksgiving celebration!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, this is a fabulous project!!! I love all the color and textures in the background and what a wonderful way to showcase what we are thankful for!!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Colors Andrea! I know I can always pop over to your blog...and see colors that will make me smile :0) Super awesome project!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card stack, Andrea! As always, I love your fearless use of color!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a very nice project, thank you so much for the inspiration. I think, I will make some for my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gratitude cards are such a lovely idea! I love the bright colours, stamps and stencils you used to create them - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy week and weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the idea behind this project, Andrea...it is so clever, which is something I now come to expect from your work! As always the colours are stunning and I love that you managed to get your talented hubby involved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are SO SO SO SO creative!!!! i LOVE this project to the maxx!!!
    There is so much to learn from you, I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a wonderful idea Andrea. I love all those cards with reminders of things to be thankful for, and the way you displayed them is really really cool. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ideas amaze me every week! Wonderful project, wonderful step by step, wonderful colors as always! you're a genius! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your stack of beautiful gratitude cards Andrea with your usual flair for colour and attention to detail...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always manage to embrace your personal style in every challenge theme! I thought to myself, would I be able to come up with a stack that high? Really though, being grateful is the key to happiness and I try to remind myself of that daily--your project is a good tool for that.

    Paperbacks and hardbacks (of course!) but I am also really, really grateful for my Paperwhite :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a creative and fantastic project, Andrea. The colors and sentiments on these cards are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing, Andrea! Love the gorgeous background and the way you've built it up. The black border around those cards make the colors pop even more. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete