Monday, August 19, 2019

My Cards and Tags: Collaged ATC's Using Creative Expressions' In Orbit Stencil

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is making ATC's!  I love these cute little works of art.  Here are the four I ended up with:


I started out with Strathmore Mixed Media paper (surprise, surprise) and an ATC die.  Once I had my cards cut, I decided to try out Distress Resist Spray.  I sprayed the resist on my cards, then let them dry.  I painted over them using Prima watercolors, then spritzed some areas with Distress Stain.

After that dried, I added white paint through an In Orbit stencil and smeared some more white paint around (and acrylic paint in various colors) around the edges.

I had some painted and stamped collage sheets from the last few projects I've done, so I tore off some collage pieces and glued them to the middle of my cards.  I also cut tab-shapes out of the collage paper and sewed those to the tops of my cards.

Next I whipped out some Graffiti patterned paper by Ella and Viv, as well as some polka-dot patterned paper, and hand-cut some arch shapes.

I stamped a plaid pattern onto my cards with The Stamp Market's Criss Cross Background stamp, then glued on some text patterned paper.  I added the arches and typed out some words on my We R Memory Keepers typewriter and added those on as well.





I finished these off by outlining the cards and the arches with a black Sharpie, then toning it back down with white paint where needed.

I love ATC's because they don't totally overwhelm me with their scope and I had a lot of fun with these.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



Ready to get your ATC game on?  Upload your mini-masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to earn a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.