Monday, September 25, 2023

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Christmas Card using Julie Hickey Designs' Essentially Christmas 3 Stamp Set

CHRISTMAS is the theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!  I know!  I was just getting my Halloween decorations out, but I appreciated getting a head start on a Christmas card or two.


I started by making the background.  I tore up pieces of polka-dot paper that I'd stamped and painted and glued it to my card.  I added green tones to the edges with more acrylic paint.


Next I made some scallop borders and stamped the center image.  The wreath and dangling trees were made with Julie Hickey Designs' Essentially Christmas 3 stamp set, then I added the sentiment from Tim Holtz's Seasonal Scribbles stamp set.  I also cut some sprigs using Memory Box's Layered Star dies.


I assembled the elements and scribbled around the square with Distress watercolor pencils.  I made some red berries to add to the wreath and also threw on some hot pink dots.


Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

Share in this week's fun by uploading your Christmas creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!  You could win a $25 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.  And don't forget to check out the last week of STAMPtember!