Friday, January 31, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Spring Dress

One of my favorite challenge sites to browse is the Runway Inspired Challenge blog.  It combines two of my loves: fashion and crafting!  When I saw the fantastic floral frock featured (how's that for some alliteration?  Try saying that three times fast!) I knew I had to enter.

And so I created this springy card of my own.  It reflects the lovely bright hues in the inspiration dress as well as the feeling of garden parties and summer outings.


You know I'm a fabric addict, so I made this dress of out fabric strips which I collaged on top of each other.  I smudged some ink over it in different places, attached it to a hanger, added a flower and was done!  I also adore this sentiment stamp (The Ladies Are Going Out) by Inkadinkado.  So many possibilities!
 
Thanks to this challenge which made me think of flowers even as I shiver at the several inches of snow still clinging to my lawn!