Friday, January 31, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Spring Dress

One of my favorite challenge sites to browse is the Runway Inspired Challenge blog.  It combines two of my loves: fashion and crafting!  When I saw the fantastic floral frock featured (how's that for some alliteration?  Try saying that three times fast!) I knew I had to enter.

And so I created this springy card of my own.  It reflects the lovely bright hues in the inspiration dress as well as the feeling of garden parties and summer outings.


You know I'm a fabric addict, so I made this dress of out fabric strips which I collaged on top of each other.  I smudged some ink over it in different places, attached it to a hanger, added a flower and was done!  I also adore this sentiment stamp (The Ladies Are Going Out) by Inkadinkado.  So many possibilities!
 
Thanks to this challenge which made me think of flowers even as I shiver at the several inches of snow still clinging to my lawn!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This reminds me of an intelligent and confident debutante in the Spring. Soft, yet strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this is gorgeous!!! i love every bit of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the Runway Inspired Challenge, and how you've made a matching dress Andrea! Thanks for sharing with us ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore it - so loved the French version over at SSS recently - and this springtime version is just as lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I wish I had a dress like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness that dress is GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I've checked out this challenge on several occasions but I haven't been brave enough to play. I adore your strips of fabric and the rough edges. The ink is a great touch. I smiled when I read the sentiment ... excellent! Your fabric makes are so special Andrea. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that you are a fabric addict, and that you had fun making this! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my 'ship' card. Don't tell anybody, I really struggled with it, I was not happy with the background, and really had to put my think caps on... that's when a nomal project turns into something special, at least that is how it works for me...

    ReplyDelete