Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Other Creations: Hope Collage

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is "The Big Stamp."  So being the theme-interpreting genius that I am, I decided to use...well...a big stamp!  Here's how I incorporated it into my project, which is a Hope Collage:



The gorgeous orange paper I started out with is from Prima's "Sunrise Sunset" collection, which I must say is one of my all-time faves.  But I wanted to add some teal and green into the background, so I did that by rubbing some teal and green ink over the Simon Says Stamp Cluster stencil:


And here's where my big stamp came in!  I wanted to create a focal point for my "Hope" sentiment to rest against, so I did that with Wendy's Vecchi's Pricing Chart stamp.  I repeated the image several times (in black ink) at different angles.


The sentiment section itself was simple enough.  I cut some lace scraps and colored them with Distress Ink, then I added some flowers, which I also colored.  I included some fabulous pins from 7 Gypsies and the word, "Hope."


I love this time of year and the feeling of newness and renewal it brings.  In essence, this is the perfect time to think hopeful thoughts!

Here are some products I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I can't wait to see what "big" things you create with our "Big Stamp" challenge!  Upload your masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so that we can enjoy your work and so that you can be entered for a big $50 voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp

50dollar_voucher_600px

18 comments:

  1. This background is so interesting Andrea! Love the colours and patterns and the black stamping is perfect on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Andrea! Love the rich colored background! The cluster stencil faded into the back is beautiful! The cluster of lace with the flowers and pins is so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Yummy background. Love the mix of colors and the little bit of lace mixed up in your stamping is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! The paper is wonderful and the green and blue really pop beautifully. I love the stamping and I love the lace and the flowers. A truly inspirational creation thank you for sharing it with us Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effects you have created, a beautiful work of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project .. the colors are bright and cheery. Every week I look at the designer projects and your always pop out as my favorite !! Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Beautifully done!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... the background pattern and colors are amazing, Andrea. Love the beautiful lace and flower embellishment, too. Wonderful design :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful collage Andrea! Love the inky background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat piece! I love the layering and textures!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors you added to the paper - the multi stamping of the 'big stamp' and the creatively cut up and layered lace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning collage - the colours are amazing, and it's so brilliantly composed on the page. I know exactly what you mean about that fresh sense of energy and hope in the spring, and this expresses just that, beautifully.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creations are always a joy. I could look at this piece for ages! The background is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous background! I love these colors,so bright! I adore the little lace you added! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. An absolutely stunning work of art. The background and the colours are just amazing and as always, I love the little touches that you add to make your pieces so wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful! like all your work Andrea, you are great and you inspire me. Thank you again:)

    ReplyDelete