Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Other Creations: Pretty Paint Box

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is "Botanical Bliss."  While I simply adore flowers and love this time of the year when they're blooming, I've had a rough relationship with plants.  I had my share of allergies when I was little, not to mention stings and rashes and scratches from our various forest friends.  So for my project, I decided to go with more of an artsy look rather than a realistic nature-y look.



I acquired this fabulous vintage paint tin and attached some Tim Holtz tissue tape to the background for a few subtle images here and there.


I also added the word "Paint" to the background.



I added some cursive script and color to the paintbrush, too, and finished it off with these fabulous flowers, which I colored using Distress Ink and water.



So see?  This project was incredibly fun and it incorporated flowers without my eyes puffing up from a pollen attack.  Can't beat that!

Here are some of the products I used that you can get at Simon Says Stamp:



So how will you interpret Botanical Bliss?  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Don't forget to upload your work to to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for a chance to win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.

50dollar_voucher_600px

15 comments:

  1. This is such a creative project, Andrea. Love how you interpreted this week's botanical theme. The color scheme and those flowers are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl.....you always have such a positive, sweet spin on everything that you create! I love this! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Andrea! Love your creative and artsy take on the theme! It looks amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same love hate relationship with flowers and their pollen! What a fabulous way to celebrate the botanical without itchy eyes and sneezing. The vintage paint box is already a lovely object, and I love your floral additions, and fab grungy background.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and creative Andrea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! I love the direction that you took this challenge. The flowers are pretty, but now they have a story to tell as well. Brilliant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazingly inventive and creative, as always!!! I especially like the script on the brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have, in the most succinct way, given new life to this paint box and brush by telling us its sweet sweet story. The flowers, born right from the paint pods have such delicate tinting and softness and I'm drawn to the impression of color on the top inside of the box where the wet paint once spilled over. You've taken such great photos! I can see this sitting proudly somewhere in your studio, always there to inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea Andrea! Love the old paint box with the added words and patterns and of course those pretty flowers. And you even stamped the paint brush!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous idea.Love the stamped brush.Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One word...LOVE! This is just such an amazing, quirky piece of art and I love the idea of it and your interpretation on the theme!! It's fabulous Andrea... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a creative and clever way to come at this theme Andrea. Love it! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pieces are so cool! this is incredible! you are very very original! This idea is totally amazing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool! I like how you are constantly up-cycling in such a beautiful and creative way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great project. Very creative.
    It would make a wonderful gift for an art teacher.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    Designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete