Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Tea Bag Tags

Using an "artsy stamp" is this week's challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.  I decided to go with the always-artsy Dina Wakley's Collaged Hearts stamp set and created these Tea Bag Tags:



I started by slitting the bottoms of the tea bags and emptying all the tea out.  You can leave the tea intact if you want to create some cool brown speckles when you spray them with ink, but I emptied them so the bags would lay flat and hence be easier to paint on later. 

Next, I sprayed the tea bags with all sorts of Dylusions ink sprays and let them dry.



While the bags dried, I stamped some of Dina Wakley's hearts onto patterned paper and heat embossed them with black embossing powder.

Once the bags were dry, I got out my trusty black Gesso and painted it over some stencils to create different background designs on each tea bag.



When the Gesso dried, I tore off some strips of Washi tape and used them as a background for my heat embossed hearts, which I glued to the bags.



These Tea Bag Tags were easy to make and were a fun way to put some of my favorite artsy stamps to use.  

Here are some of the products I used that are available from Simon Says Stamp:




   
If you're anything like me, you have way too many artsy stamps than you should, but who am I to call a fellow visionary a hoarder?  :)  So grab some of those artsy stamps and make something amazing!  I always enjoy seeing the creations that are uploaded to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.  Give it a whirl and you may even win the $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp!

50dollar_voucher_600px

22 comments:

  1. So clever! LOVE this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my these are truly amazing.
    Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never again the tea bags will be the same... Great job.Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous little creations Andrea, love the bright colours and artsy stamps you used and such creative tags using the tea bags. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and so different - love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and different! Thanks so much for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous! And how clever to choose to work with these rather than mountain goats... very sensible, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know that I absolutely love these. I fell in love with them the instant that I saw them.
    Each bag is uniquely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant tea bag tags, fantastic idea. Gorgeous hot colours and I adore the black stamping against the hot colours . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and creative project, Andrea. I love those beautiful colors and great stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool, Andrea! Love those funky colored tea bags! Really artsy! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. These tea bag tags are super fun & artsy, Andrea! I love the bright & bold colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and fun tea bags Andrea! What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I wonder what you can invent! And every time I stay amazed! fabulous idea, wonderful accomplishment! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fantastic!!! Original, funky and unique and so utterly...YOU, Andrea!! These are just wonderful and bring a smile to my face!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun idea Andrea, you have the best ideas. Love your happy artsy tea bags! The hearts look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These tea bags are amazing and I really enjoyed reading how you did them! Love your list of books at the bottom of your blog. I love to read and have read a lot of these. Seems like I'm running too short of time to do much reading lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so so so amazingly cool and inventive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now who's brilliant mind thinks oh... lets create gorgeous art with tea-bags? Yours of course! These are just beautiful! I love the colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beyond cool, Andrea - I love how your mind works... these tea bag tags are stunning!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always thinking outside the box, you never fail to surprise and delight me Andrea. These are superb! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete