Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Thanks for Bailing Me Out

There are a few truths that I've learned in my life and one is that there are a lot of people to be grateful for.  No matter what happens or how I react to it, I have family and friends that will help me through and who love me unconditionally.  What a rare and wonderful gift!  As I thought about them, and thought about other people I interact with everyday, I realized just how many opportunities there are to say, "Thank You," which is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I decided to make a card for someone who seems to save my metaphorical boat from sinking at least once or twice a week!


The image comes from Tim Holtz's Found Relatives set and I made my guy's green "boat" out of a soup bowl that I cut out of an old cook book.  The background is paper from Tim Holtz's "French Industrial" pack and I added splotches of Salty Ocean Distress Ink and stain.  I stamped the "Thank" from My Favorite Things Photo Booth set and the "You" was die cut from Avery Elle's "Simply Said You" die.  The letters are Label Letters and I stamped, "Party Hat Ready" using Hero Art's "Playful" alphabet stamps.  The colorful party hat is cut from Simple Stories' DIY Boutique collection and is topped with an enamel dot from My Mind's Eye.  I also used Tim Holtz's Stripes stencil for the paper behind the sentiment and inside the green boat.

This project inspired me to try to say thanks more often.  There are so many people who deserve to know they've made a difference and I hope I can express that more consistently.

Here are the supplies I used for my card, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


So how will you say Thank You this week?  Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Upload your creation to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so that we can be inspired and so that you'll have a chance to win that fabulous $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

13 comments:

  1. Andrea I have come to expect the whimsical, colorful and beautiful from you and this week is no exception. What a lovely sentiment put together in a humorous way that is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant way to say thank you... there's an intensity and depth to the colours, a whimsical humour to the images and the text makes such a bold statement. It all adds to the message of gratitude - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cheeky! Love how you put this together, Andrea! Very cute!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve your creativity Andrea you are always original keeping your adorable style! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, Andrea! Love the gentleman in it's boot! You're so creative and have such imagination! Adore! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful creation, Andrea. The colors, patterns and the image you used are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cool for school. How creative. How do you come up with these things? The man in the bowl.....love it; the colors....great; the lettering....so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A knack for channeling your feelings into craft must be part of what makes your work so outstanding, along with expert eyes for color and a terrific sense of humor. Perhaps, though, a life jacket might be more useful than a party hat? I'm just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to say thank you! As always you are the QUEEN of colour and I adore the background which is so striking and works so well with the image! Wonderful, wonderful work and I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the little splashes of bright colors and the whimsical way you mixed the different elements on this tag! Thanks so much for the smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun thank you card Andrea!! Love the green bowl that he is standing in and the fun hat. Stunning colours as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your whimsical style has served you well. With a soup tureen!
    I love seeing your work each week. It's a great reminder that we do this stuff because it's fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card in your always brilliant style! The party hat just kills me as I can just see YOU in that whimsical addition! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete