Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Other Creations: Dreamer Girl Scrap Binder

"Homegrown Summer" is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and since my yarn and fabric stash has been growing over the past couple of months, I made a storage binder to house some of my favorite scrap color combinations.  When I get stuck for inspiration or a suitable palette, I flip through this and it gets the creative juices flowing again.


I could alternately call this my Tim Holtz binder because almost everything came from him, as you can see in my supply list.  I like how you can punch up the color with his products or keep it subtle; always incredibly versatile.  I made the splotches and splatters of color by slamming down bottles of Distress Stains through the piece of cardstock I'd cut with the picture wheel die.  Then to give it more visual variety, I turned the picture wheel before adhering it to cardstock and gluing it down so the colors behind it are different from the colors on the wheel.

Here's a peek at the inside, where I wrapped various yarns and fibers and fabric strips around different sizes of tags:


Here are the supplies that I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


"Homegrown Summer" has so many potential directions you could go, so I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so that you can inspire us and have a chance at winning the always-generous $50 Simon Says Stamp voucher!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

15 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow colours of the pinwheel and its background, and the yarn wound round the tags inside is so cool - what a great way to "store" your inspiration as well as your stash.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful ripeness of color! Love your dreamer and how she is holding her colored pencil! Beautiful color journal... who wouldn't be inspired by the bits and pieces of color inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute storage binder! As always, I love your use of bright and BOLD colors! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... How gorgeous Andrea!!!! I love this idea! The cover of your binder where you used Tim's picture wheel as a color wheel is GENIUS!! Love your numbered tags too that coordinate with the colors of the yarns and fibers on the tag. What a cool inspiration tool. Seriously brilliant :) Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea and so inviting to open and have a peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I love all the colors. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, you always amaze me!! Love this project. The colors really drew me in, the cover design works so well. LOVE the tags, and how you used your scraps and bits to make a creative inspirations book. Rocking the creativity....again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! In my favorite color too...rainbow :) Love this idea for an inspiration binder...so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! You know I love your colors ! Wonderful use of Picture wheel, i love it! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea Andrea, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love the gorgeous colors you create, Andrea. Such a beautiful creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea Andrea and I love your unique and beautiful colour palette, it's just stunning and everyone needs one of these gorgeous storage binders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project Andrea, and again such a great idea. Love the girl on the front, with the pencil and that perfect text.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Andrea! Love this idea! Adore the cover! So colorful and the dreamer girl is so sweet! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so over the moon creative! I just have all of my fibers and stuff thrown in a little basket. You have created not only something absolutely adorable but useful as well! I marvel at your creativity and I love your use of colors! Your art always makes me happy just to look at it! This little binder is darling!

    ReplyDelete