Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Other Creations: Grater Memo Board

Today's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is, "Citrus with a Twist."  The first thing I saw in my mind's eye was my talented chef of a mother grating all sorts of lemons and limes to add zest to...whatever it is you add lemon and lime zest to.  And so I decided to pay homage to her by converting an old grater into a memo board. 

  
You've seen this girl before, I'm sure, as she's my favorite of Tim Holtz's Found Relatives to spruce up.   I set her against a backdrop of distinguished gentlemen to make her stand out and remind myself to be my best and truest self no matter who's looking on.  The label letters and flash card are also from Tim.  I covered up the grating slices with my image so as to not zest my fingers off when using this board!


The flowers are magnets so I can attach notes, quotes, photos or reminders to my memo board.  Here's how it looks with a note attached:


I thoroughly enjoyed making this project and taking my twist on citrus!  Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



So how will you give citrus a twist this week?  Can't wait to be inspired by your ideas!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for a chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

15 comments:

  1. What a clever and brilliant memo board. I am going to put the magnets on the flowers away for a future idea to be used as applicable. That little girl is perfectly framed and the design is wonderful. My grater still awaits me to redo and now you have done it twice so perfectly the pressure is on to come up with some just as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea -- what a creative memo board! I truly love this re-purposed grater!! Those flower magnets are so adorable (as is that little girl). Love the pops of color here on the vintage background. I agree with Suzanne ... Brilliant!!! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admired those tall skinny colorful flowers from another project and they're just as delightful here. What a clever way to get more mileage out of Tim's flash cards by adding words to them. And getting more mileage out of a old grater--priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea what creative decor! I love the way your mind works! This is awesome! :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, I LOVE how your brilliant mind works!! You are awesome at thinking outside of the box. I love your story of your mother grating the lemons, and how it led to this cool project!! The vintage images are perfect on the antique grater, and the messages you leave for yourself inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - love reading your comments when you visit, thanks!!

      Delete
  6. Oh this is absolutely brilliant Andrea, love it so much! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Andrea! This is amazing! I love the reasoning behind your piece! It's an unique memo board! Love that the flowers are magnets. Such a great project! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant twist on the Citrus theme - and so so clever with the magnetic flowers to create a mini reminder board - I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW !! I love this Andrea! the whole design is amazing and I love the magnetic flowers! BRILLIANT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm speechless! I adore your creativity, you are incredible! your ideas are always fab! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always amaze me with your creativity and you know that I LOVE your work Andrea and this...this, is just AMAZING!! Very, very clever and a wonderful piece of artwork and those magnetic flowers are just brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really clever! You might say that it's truly "Grate!"
    Seriously though...I love how you've interpreted this challenge. Your originality never ceases to amaze me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such fabulous ideas for the challenges Andrea! How awesome to alter an old grater. Love the images and text too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THESE AMAZING IDEAS??? Again, your art just makes me smile! I love the idea of using an old grater to make a memo board. I would NEVER have thought of that! I love all of the Tim elements that you have combined here. They are perfect together. Your little girl is adorable!! Love the magnet roses, too. Those little pops of color are so cute to hold notes! LOVE YOUR CREATIVITY!!

    ReplyDelete