Monday, June 27, 2016

My Other Creations: Fat Little Notebook

For the first time EVER in my crafting career, I did a Tic Tac Toe-based challenge.  That's right!  The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme this week is to pick any 3-in-a-row combos (or blackout if you're feeling ambitious) from the lovely Bingo board that our Design Team friend Maura created.  I went with stamping, cardboard and Washi tape and made a fat little notebook:


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 I'm of the opinion that you can't have too much Almond Roca or too many notebooks.  This one is 3" x 4" and I started by stamping on white cardstock with Ranger Jet Black Archival and some great stamp sets by Tim Holtz.


Next up I colored some of the areas with Distress Inks and sponges, then smeared white acrylic paint over the top of what I'd just colored.  And yes- I do smear paint with my fingers, which I find therapeutic and probably because I'm too lazy to find the right brush.


I  added some Washi tape here and there.


When that was done, I painted a piece of corrugated cardboard with white acrylic paint, cut a hole in the center to make a frame, then let that dry.  In the meantime, I added some black stitching to my cardstock collage.  When my cardboard was dry, I stamped it and added some acrylic paint to it.  I added a paperclip to my cardboard frame, then glued it to my collageI added the "Notebook"stamped sentiment and I was ready to bind it all together with my lovely Cinch tool.

For the pages, I decided to use some 3" x 4" Project Life cards since you get like 80 million in a core kit.  Here's a peek inside at the pages.  I used cards from the new Prismatic and Picturesque sets.


A notebook wouldn't be a notebook without some fun tabs at the top!  I made some traditional-looking tabs as well as a flower tab and some house tabs using a Tim Holtz die.


This notebook ended up being just over an inch thick, so I've got lots of good space to write whatever comes to mind!


My English lit nerd side will always adore notebooks and this one is no exception.  Maybe I should've called it the "anything but the kitchen sink notebook," as you'll see from this lengthy list of supplies I used that you can get at Simon Says Stamp:



Are you ready to get your bingo on?  Can't wait to see what you think up with Maura's clever bingo board!  Upload your creations to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to earn a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

https://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://simonsaysstamp.com/
    

22 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Andrea! I have little notebooks everywhere some for a reason and some just because I loved the cover when I saw it at the store and bought it thinking I would put it to good use. Silly, I know. This is my new favorite! Those tabs are fabulous!!

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I sound like a broken record when I say "OMG, this is rad... your colors... your shapes..." Just magical. But let's now gush about your genius in using the Project Life cards for a notebook! One can never have too many notebooks... XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun color and texture! Also love the jumbo clip! :D

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I absolutely LOVE this Andrea! I need to get me some project life cards!! this is totally GORGEOUS and I want one!!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN fat little notebook! It's always so inspirational to see your process of making art. So glad you share it with us all! This is just another fantastic creation in a long line of creations! Have a fabulous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a Wonderful little notebook ,Thanks for sharing the steps ,seeing hoe the layers of colors n stamps were done makes it even more interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun and fantastic notebook, Andrea! Love the beautiful colors and all the pretty embellishments on this piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab idea to use the PL cards to make a little book! Now, I have a use for all my extras! Love the fun and funky appeal of your little notebook with it's bright happy colors. Who wouldn't want to pull this out and jot some things down! Love it, Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous note book. Full of brilliant colour, makes you want to open it and start writing. Brilliant tabs too, adds so much interest. Love It! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed. "Too many notebooks" = no such thing! Yours is beautiful. I'm convinced you can make anything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrumptious - love all those quirky tabs sticking up and the bold and funky rainbow colours are a delight as always. And "too many notebooks" is just nonsense as a phrase - an impossibility!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meant also to say what a joy it's been to play alongside you for June - thanks for having me!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your fat little notebook..so much gorgeousness in a small space...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always in awe of your beautiful work! I love love this project - I would like to sit in your craft room and drool at your supplies as I watch you create - Hey, Maybe I would get invited to join in and learn! hehehe - have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by so often and leaving lovely comments - I appreciate and read every single one - and then my head gets so big my arms are too short to scratch it! May your day be filled with fun and laughter and lots of crafting! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that book, stunning! I believe in using everything on hand!I love my art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that book, stunning! I believe in using everything on hand!I love my art!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooo! I want one. This is so pretty and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are always a feast for the eyes! We've used the same stamp for the background and it's wonderful to see how different are our works! This little book it's fantastic and to see your creative process is absolutely interesting! thanks for sharing! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always your projects are just so unique, Andrea...which is what I admire so much about your work!! I love the fun element of this gorgeous little book and the colour palette is stunning, another absolute beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cool, Andrea! love that you've used the PL card to create something different! I just love your whimsical style! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely! The background of the cover is just great! I loved already the first picture with only black stamping and the colors you gave it are just stunning! I love the idea of using the 80 millions of pages we all have here and there to make a notebook! This is great! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete