Monday, June 20, 2016

My Other Creations: Metal Tart Tin Medals

When I saw that this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme was Patterned Paper, I decided to make some medals with colorful paper "ribbons":


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 The metal portion of my medals started out as mini tart tins that I found at a thrift store.  I smashed them flat (which did pain me a smidge, I will admit) and used that as my starting point.


The paper centers of my medals were punched with a 2" circle punch.  The bird is from patterned paper (the Painted Passport collection), while the typewriter is from a vintage kid's book and the travel girl is from Bo Bunny's Calendar Girl collection.

  
I made the ribbons on my medals from all sorts of different patterned paper, which I cut and outlined with a black Sharpie pen.  I used my Crop-A-Dile tool to cut holes in my paper, then set eyelets within the holes.  I threaded wire through the eyelets.

  
I stuck the wires to the backs of my medals with strong glue, then I connected more wire to the top and looped it around safety pins to mimic the pin element of traditional medals.

  
Lastly, I added the medal titles (Bird Babe, Writer and Adventurer), which I printed in Word.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as my cute little niece would say!

These medals were a lot of fun to make and were a great way to use up some of my patterned paper scraps.  Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I know we all have tons o' patterned paper, so I can't wait to see how you use it this week for our challenge!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
 

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Andrea, all of these medals are absolutely gorgeous! what a brilliant idea! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever, Andrea! What an amazing way to use the tart tins!! These are so unique and, of course, I love the colors.

    Hugs,
    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, these rock!! I love how you made them and what you used, like safety pins, thrift store tart pans, etc. It's a great idea, and I may just have to borrow and make these for an swap at an upcoming craft retreat in the fall. Thanks for the awesome idea!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea this is just brilliant! I saw your post title and thought cool she made badges and then I saw what you did and WOW! Love the idea of the metal badge and the dangling banners are so clever and beautiful! Once again you have wowed me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these fun badges!!! Especially bird babe...so creative and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful project! Badges.....such a FUN and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful project! Badges.....such a FUN and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun so fabulous! Love that they started out as mini tart tins! You're so clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO FUN! I will forever love your fearless use of colors and patterns!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such fun - love those colourful banners, and the tart tins make perfect shiny rosettes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun and beautiful project! Andrea, such a fantastic idea and I always love your great creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever and fun way to use those tart tins - the colourful banners are just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came over from Simon to say I love this project! Too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooo....aaah I love your cute tart tin medals Andrea...you are a creative goddess...now what do we have to do to win one...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooooo cute and funny! I love all the crazy patterns mixed here. What a great and creative idea to use the tart tins! I'd never think about this possibility! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea at this point I have no words to comment on your projects! I'm surprised every week, always you are able to overcome yourself with your creative ideas! Also this work is amazing, I love the way you have used the tarte tins!! Stunning!Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll say it again but Andrea, you always create such amazing and wonderfully unique projects and this one is just stunning! Everything about each of these medals is just so clever and your choice of colours and patterns is just fabulous...I LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fabulous project, Andrea! Love that you've used mini tart tins to make rosettes out of! Your creative brain is amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. I guess I'm a spaz, but I just harkened back to this project of yours and thought, "Idk if I commented to share my appreciation..." I did not! So, hi! I think these are so cool and creative! I think you're a genius. Maybe a wizard. Love these! Sorry so late...

    ReplyDelete