Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Other Creations: "Growing Up Adorably" Onesie

This week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, the theme is Anything Goes!  Such freedom!  I decided to get my "infant wear" vibe on and decorate some Onesies:


I have been absolutely loving Memento Luxe ink lately, which is permanent on fabric when heat-set.  I used Memento Luxe to stamp the floral image and sentiment, then I set down some stencils and dabbed on more ink using sponges.  After I was done, I ironed each side of the fabric for two minutes.  I put it through the wash just to double check how color-fast it was and it did great!  The ink didn't wash out, bleed or fade.


The possibilities are endless with a handful of Memento Luxe ink and some white Onesies.  I thoroughly enjoyed my experimenting this week!
Here are some of the supplies that I used, which are available from Simon Says Stamp:

With a theme of Anything Goes, there's no reason not to upload your masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

17 comments:

  1. Sweet onsie and with a new niece/nephew on the way I am going to try this idea. Thanks for the heat set/technique. Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and makes a precious designer baby onsie!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Andrea, this is super adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. Thanks for using Memento Luxe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wow Andrea! I never knew that Memento was permanent on fabric! Good to know! And what a beautiful colorful onsie! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one very special onsie-absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this Andrea! Love it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Andrea!! You always have the best ideas. Love the colours, flwoers and text.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Supercute, supergorgeous and super colourfast. What more could a baby ask for??? Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I really should be making these... as I have a new grandson.. but I am making boxes as you know... and this is so cute that I am going to have to stop making boxes and now make some of these... this is so precious.. .I love it... and your colors are so ALIVE... great going Andrea... you are an inspiration plus.... and thank you for all your lovely comments also... I cherish each one from you... like GOLD!!!! Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this project. I have been coloring on onesies using copics or fabric markers but never tried these inkpads (in so many colors) or the stencil idea. Also have so many of those alphabet sets...just found another way to use them! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very cute Andrea! I never knew that ink was permanent on fabric!!! Thanks for the enabling and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable onesie! Such a fun & colorful design!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you are so creative and original! Adorable, supercute onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely adorable, Andrea! You are one very clever lady and I always love visiting your blog to see the fabulous and totally original pieces that you're creating! I just love it... Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my word! you have outdone yourself once again! I love this and wish I had it for my little one!

    ReplyDelete