Sunday, January 25, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Day Planner Cards

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge theme is, "...from up in the clouds."  I thought what better thing to pull out of the clouds than my scattered flighty brain?  I tell you- sometimes I totally space it, so I decided to make some day planner cards to keep me organized. 


I made planner cards because I kept forgetting to buy an actual planner (see why I need these?) and I also thought these would be an adorable addition to pocket scrapbooking pages to show what was done on a certain day.

To make these cards, I used a 3" x 4" rounded corner punch and some Flea Market paper.  I wrote the weekdays using Lawn Fawn's Milo's ABC's set.  I outlined each card with Distress Markers.


The planner components are from various planner stamp sets.  I threw in a milk carton from Paper Smooches, too, next to Wednesday's menu.  I filled in the background using Prima's honeycomb stencil.


After doing these cards, I can totally see why people decorate their planners.  It makes some of life's monotonous duties feel a little more artistic!  

You can find these supplies to spiff up your own planner at the Simon Says Stamp store:




How will you bring these week's theme to life?  I'll look forward to seeing your creations!  Upload them to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp!


http://simonsaysstamp.com/

17 comments:

  1. Fun, Beautiful and functional! Gorgeous idea! Keeping a planner would be more fun with these to look at every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love you applied the theme in such a unique way! These planner cards are fun, cute, and functional! Love it! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool, Andrea! I'm struggling with staying organised too. I'm in the process of making a planner at the moment! Maybe I need to make cards instead as I write everything down on little notes anyway (I always fall back on the loose notes... everytime...). Thanks so much for the inspiration! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! What a thought. Your day planners turned out so cute. Everyone with a busy lifestyle needs these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could totally get into stamping my to do lists after seeing this! So many fun things to put on those, especially love that little dentist appointment on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute. Love the sponged dots in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea. Great planner and colors. Have fun with it. I sure would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Andrea these cards are amazing!!! So original! Love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.. .these cards are all so cute! Love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. U R too good! Ive been toying with the idea of starting a PL album and your cards seem like just d style id been thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty Andrea! Lovin' all the inky details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wonderful Andrea, and such a fun idea! Love all the stamping and those dots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've created another fun and fabulous project, Andrea and I absolutely adore it! I love these wonderful cards and hope they do the trick and keep you organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Project really fun and useful! As always a fabulous idea and wonderfully made! I should try it too. Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally awesome and fun! Great design.

    ReplyDelete