Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Inspiration

I gasped, yes GASPED, when I saw a "Make It Monday" demo on Nichole Heady's blog (Papertrey Ink) showing how to make these adorable confetti garlands. It was the good kind of gasp and I couldn't wait to try my hand at a confetti garland of my own.  Here's how my card turned out:


If you check out the demo, the confetti garland runs horizontally across the top of the card, which I love.  But I thought I'd see what it looked like vertically, so that's what this card shows.  I made two side-by-side mini garlands that have flowers, quatrefoil shapes and faux sequins strung onto embroidery floss.  I made the background using Prima paper and PTI's Simply Framed stamp set.  The "inspiration" sentiment comes from PTI's Phrase Play #1 stamp set and the quatrefoil shapes were some leftovers I had from a previous project I made using PTI's Quatrefoil cover plate die.


I really do dig these confetti garlands, so a big kudos to the talented ladies at PTI for providing such a fun and inspiring demo!  I thoroughly enjoyed this project and will definitely add "confetti garlands" to my crafting arsenal!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comment. I absolutely love this technique, and it's a thrill to see everyone's own unique take on it. Yours is lovely as well. I was so smitten with this technique that I actually made a third card tonight for the challenge that I will photograph and post in the morning. Thanks again for stopping by. I hope that you will visit me again soon, and even become a follower. I've just followed you as well. I look forward to seeing more of your art.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    P.S. I also run a challenge blog, and if you'd like to play along there, it would be awesome to have you join us, It's always Anything Goes (family friendly) and we have great prizes every week. I hope you'll check it out and link with us there as well.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the confetti garland. Specially d combination of colours and the circle n flowers together. Off to check the video on the PTI blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm gasping!! This is gorgeous!! I'm so drawn to the details and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading over there to see how that confetti was made ! I loooove this Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply stunning! Everything about it is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous make x love the colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is so beautifully done! I just love the colors and images so perfectly placed! The garland is such a lovely extra touch of greatness. I am so inspired to go view all the fun on the video after this. Thank you also for your kind comment on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. I can see why you loved the confetti garlands, and your version is utterly lovely. The colour of the leftover quatrefoils against the background is beyond beautiful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I love the colors on here! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is an old post I just found, but I am wondering... is the brown scroll work around the edges a stamp? or part of the paper you started with? the color combination is really great and i especially love that border part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! The brown scrollwork around the edges is part of the patterned paper I used. I wish it was a stamp!! The paper is from Prima's Epiphany line and was their 9x12 size. I loved this collection, which is discontinued. Thanks for your compliments, though, and sorry I don't have better news!

      Delete