Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Inspiration

I gasped, yes GASPED, when I saw a "Make It Monday" demo on Nichole Heady's blog (Papertrey Ink) showing how to make these adorable confetti garlands. It was the good kind of gasp and I couldn't wait to try my hand at a confetti garland of my own.  Here's how my card turned out:


If you check out the demo, the confetti garland runs horizontally across the top of the card, which I love.  But I thought I'd see what it looked like vertically, so that's what this card shows.  I made two side-by-side mini garlands that have flowers, quatrefoil shapes and faux sequins strung onto embroidery floss.  I made the background using Prima paper and PTI's Simply Framed stamp set.  The "inspiration" sentiment comes from PTI's Phrase Play #1 stamp set and the quatrefoil shapes were some leftovers I had from a previous project I made using PTI's Quatrefoil cover plate die.


I really do dig these confetti garlands, so a big kudos to the talented ladies at PTI for providing such a fun and inspiring demo!  I thoroughly enjoyed this project and will definitely add "confetti garlands" to my crafting arsenal!