Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Cards and Tags: "Where My Heart Is" Valentine

I have to admit: Valentine's Day has never been my super-favorite holiday.  You don't get work off for it and when I was in elementary school, the distribution of valentines cards always brought heavy drama-rama!  As I got older, it was nothing more than "Singles Awareness Day."  I was pretty sure there weren't any farm boys named Wesley running around waiting to say, "As you wish," to me.  Luckily, I did find my Prince Charming, but even if I hadn't, Valentine's Day is still a good chance to express love and appreciation for all of the people who matter to us.  And if that doesn't work, then hey- it's a good day to eat chocolate.  So in the end, I was able to come up with a card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme of "Red and Pink."


To make this little card, I started by heat-embossing a button card stamp from PaperArtsy and painted in the buttons with watercolors.  I replaced one of the buttons with a heart that I punched out of a Sizzix thinlits die.  The background layer is made from the same thinlits die that cuts out heart shapes.  The fabulous sentiment is from My Favorite Things and I ended it with a strip of Washi and a Tim Holtz arrow.  The paper is from We R Memory Keepers.

Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I wish all of you the happiest of Valentine's Days this week, or just a Happy Saturday if all else fails.  If you are feeling lonely or bored, why not try your hand at our challenge?  Upload your red and/or pink creation to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you're automatically entered for a $50 voucher for the Simon Says Stamp store.  Wouldn't we all LOVE free crafting money (see what I did there?) 


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

14 comments:

  1. Andrea I think, reading your words, that we think the same things! Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday, too romantic, too pink! For me it was difficult to create in this challenge, you've created an amazing work, super cool! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your words. I think the black you used balances the red/pink perfectly. Thanks for sharing. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Andrea! I wanted to thank you for your visit to my blog! I know you Simon gals have a b-zillion to get to and it is appreciated, as was your sweet comment! I love this little Valentine and had to giggle at your take on Valentine's Day (so true!) It appears from browsing your blog that you are the master of mixed media! I love the brighter colors you bring into it, while still keeping them soft and pretty! Beautiful creations!!! I've enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, Andrea! I love this color combo! So dramatic and bold! Perfect! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the urban look of your card and the sentiment, arrow, and heart are wonderful. You are so right all the way around about Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous and loving all of the dimension, Andrea!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Andrea! Lovin' all the hearts and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color scheme on this project, Andrea. Love the beautiful layers, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever and I always get a big happy smile when I see your work. I think all you need is one of those giant plush teddy bears for Valentine's Day this year to change your mind about the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work always brings a huge smile to my face Andrea and this...this, is just wonderful! I love the combination of pink and red, which works so well with the bold black outlines, creating the most fabulous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to remember this for next Valentine's Day! Perfect for DH! Hope you've had a nice Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funky and fun and totally perfect or Valentine's day. I love how you used the sentiment and arrows to make your Loving wish. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love how the sentiment and the images work together. The hearts cut out of the background and backed with patterned paper look wonderful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete