Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Other Creations: House Folio

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is, "H is for....."  I was tempted to try and do something with hippopotamus, hummus or hovercraft (words my mom suggested when I told her the theme), but I guess the creative juices weren't flowing quite that well!  So I went with one of my favorite artistic images: houses!  


These folios are so much fun to decorate!  I used Tim Holtz's Artful Dwellings die for the houses and also used his Wallflower paper for the background.  I started by decorating the front panel and here it is in progress with the side flap open to reveal a third little house.


The whole thing is decorated with lots of little bits and bobs, fabric scraps, stencils, ink and stamping.  

I love the Simon Says Stamp store, which is where I got my supplies for this project:




I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's "H" theme!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you'll be automatically entered for a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp.


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/