Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Other Creations: House Folio

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is, "H is for....."  I was tempted to try and do something with hippopotamus, hummus or hovercraft (words my mom suggested when I told her the theme), but I guess the creative juices weren't flowing quite that well!  So I went with one of my favorite artistic images: houses!  


These folios are so much fun to decorate!  I used Tim Holtz's Artful Dwellings die for the houses and also used his Wallflower paper for the background.  I started by decorating the front panel and here it is in progress with the side flap open to reveal a third little house.


The whole thing is decorated with lots of little bits and bobs, fabric scraps, stencils, ink and stamping.  

I love the Simon Says Stamp store, which is where I got my supplies for this project:




I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's "H" theme!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you'll be automatically entered for a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp.


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Folio and I love how you mom thinks... Hippopotamus... Hmm.. Beautiful colors and I love your little children that you always make so charming and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your houses and that fantastic little girl! The whole folio is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous folio cover! I love your whimsical style :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Andrea. Hopped over from Simon to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh wow Andrea! This folio is absolutely stunning! The colors are fantastic and the houses are so cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty Andrea! Love the pretty color palette and the trio of houses that you featured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Andrea - the colours layered over the Wallflower papers add such life and depth and your little houses are charming. I love that there's another one hiding behind the flap!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these adorable houses, Andrea. The colors you created are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your folio cover! So whimsical! And how charming are those little houses! Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful folio, love your adorable houses! I think you should tackle hummus next ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the bright pops of color against the more muted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing !! I love your work .. the colors .. the projects. You are so talented !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea you're one of the most incredible creative that i know!Your works are so beautiful and bright but soft at the same time! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning folio Andrea! Love the houses with all the bits and pieces, and of course the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous folio Andrea and I adore all the houses and details that you've added to make this such a masterpiece! You know I love your work and this is no exception ~ it's stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea, you've done it again! Your projects never fail to amuse me. I love this!
    I have a fondness for house and home images too and yours are enchanting. The wonderful "bits and bobs", as you call them, are what make your pieces uniquely yours.
    I love the folio idea too. I'm going to check into that format. I'm very intrigued by them.

    I love your work, Andrea. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous. I made a card with a monkey, giraffe, elephant and lion on it and did consider entering it as a hidden hippo card LOL, but thought that was stretching the theme a bit, so resisted the temptation. I love this folio. So much detail to look at. Hugz

    ReplyDelete