Monday, September 28, 2015

My Other Creations: Butterfly Girl

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Ombre is the name of the game for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.  I decided to use some ombre-esque color blending on the skirt of my paper Butterly Girl.


I thought I'd whip out the old Martha Stewart Circle Border Punch Starter kit for this project.  With it, I made a 7" doily using Prima's awesome Royal Menagerie paper.  I cut the doily in half and inked and blended the edges with different colors of Distress Ink.


I bent the doily halves into cone shapes and connected them together.  


Next I stamped and colored this amazing stamp from Penny Black called Melle Papillon.  I cut off the skirt portion of the stamp and attached the girl's torso to my doily skirt instead.


I added some butterflies using my go-to Martha Stewart butterfly punches in the big and smaller sizes and outlined the butterflies with a Sharpie pen. I finished it off with this great quote that's part of Dina Wakley's Collaged Hearts stamp set.


I know you've got some great ombre skills in your repertoire, so be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.  I can't wait to see what you dream up!


http://simonsaysstamp.com/http://simonsaysstamp.com/

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

18 comments:

  1. How lovely!! Great imagination Andrea for ombre effect. Love your paper doll! TFI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps your lovely lady is looking for an hombre? She's super cute and fun and I enjoyed seeing this paper punch in action--it looks like a really nice one to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful doll! she is so pretty and I just love her doily butterfly dress, absolutely gorgeous :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so flirty and fresh! Such a precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun creation, Andrea! That ombre dress is totally fab!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her layered doily skirt - what a wonderful way to convert a 2D image to a 3D piece - and the colours are so pretty... fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is soooo sweet! What a creative project~

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet project. love the skirt u made with the doily. very inspiring.
    also wanted to thank-u for the sweet comment u left on my blog. TY so much. u really made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely creative project! The skirt is so beautiful and you color palette works so well in any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...wow...WOW! Andrea, I don't know how you do it but every week you amaze me with your creativity and your vision and this time, I'm just in awe of this wonderful piece of artwork ~ it's stunning and I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, you always, always amaze me! Your girl is fabulous, love how you made the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who thinks to make a doll with doilies for a skirt? Andrea of course! Brilliant and beautiful! I love her ombre outfit and the sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing project, Andrea! Love that you've made a skirt out of doilies! I adore your beautiful color palette! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant Andrea! That skirt is amazing and such a great idea, a doily skirt. Gorgeous colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Gorgeous Paper Doll !! Love the Ombre Skirt !!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors on this project are so gorgeous -- she is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your gorgeous creation, Andrea. So creative and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete