Monday, December 14, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Cards Made From Library Cards

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 "Just a Pinch" is this week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and I decided to go with a pinch of Dewey...as in Melville Dewey and the Dewey Decimal systemThat's right, kids!  I've thrown in some library ephemera!  And a huge thanks goes to my crafty friend, Mimi, who sent these old library cards my way.  She's made some really great projects with library cards herself and inspired me to go this route for this week's theme.


I started with the Date Due cards as my base, then cut out some frame shapes with Waffle Flower's Tag Starter dies and Scallop dies.  I got the sentiments from Webster's Pages' Hall Pass paper set.


I added some swirls from My Favorite Things' Scribble die set and their Geek is Chic glasses die. I added some small tags from Mama Elephant's Mini Tags die and added a flower or two. 


Anything that's library-related truly is near and dear to my heart and these cards are no exception!  Here are the supplies from Simon Says Stamp that I used to make them:



I'm excited to see what you embrace just a pinch of for this week's challenge!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

http://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/http://simonsaysstamp.com/
   
 

15 comments:

  1. LOVE these Andrea! the layering and details are brilliant! I love those scribble flowers and specs, AWESOME :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, could you please add your details in the DT blog ;-) xxThanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about these cards-fab colors and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these library cards and how you layered them up with your usual imagination and colors. The fact that you used the word imagination is so perfect for these cards as that is where the books take you is into your imagination seeing all that is described and written in the books. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SQUEEEEEAAAAALS!!!
    You freaking ROCK! GO, Dre!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful creation, Andrea. The layers of embellishments are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Andrea! I'm loving the pink ombre scribble flowers :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Library cards are pretty sweet ephemera. Three cheers for Mimi gifting you some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ephemeral magic! Your colours always lift my heart, and I love the library card layer at the heart of things.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you can take a somewhat random mix of things and make it awesome!! Love my librarians, and know the Dewey decimal system - helps me know where to find things are the library! So, it is alive and well in my world! your colors are magical, and your ephemera is perfect, loving these Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your attention to detail is always outstanding and you've created a magical project in such beautiful colours ~ these are just stunning, Andrea and as always, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these ephemera cards! you know how i love your talent to mix your palette and vintage mood! wonderful work! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wonderful Andrea! Love all the different bits and pieces and that great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Andrea! These are amazing! I love all the colors and the beautiful images. So pretty! Love the quote! Really powerful. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea I just have to tell you your creations are always out of this world....in a god way! I also want to thank you so much for always leaving me such kind words on my Blog....I just signed up for yours....WHY did it take me this long?!?! Merry Merry (and thank you again!)

    ReplyDelete