Monday, December 21, 2015

My Other Creations: Holiday Collage Using Concord & 9th's Take a Bough Dies

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Winter Wonderland is our theme this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I'm a sucker for pink trees, so I decided to incorporate them into my little wintery collage:


These trees were made with the new Take a Bough die from Concord & 9th.  There's a spiffy YouTube video on how to make them, but it's just a matter of cutting lots of branches and gluing them into wagon-wheel designs, like so:


I added little splotches of Distress Ink to my branches to give them even more visual variety.  I then painted a skewer pink and loaded all of the branches onto the skewer to form the trees.

  
Once I had the trees done, I set them against a fabric scrap background.  I added some scribble circles using My Favorite Things' Scribble dies, then added a scallop banner using Reverse Confetti's Double Scallop die.  I finished it off with a sentiment made from Reverse Confetti's Winter Word Coordinates stamp.  I put the whole project in a teal frame I had in my stash with the trees layered in front of the scene.  

Here's how it looks as it gives a little holiday cheer to my craft space (because as you can see, I don't have enough stuff in there as it is).


Here are the supplies I used on this project that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


So where will winter take you for this challenge?  Can't wait to see your brrrr-illiant ideas (see what I did there?)  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge for your chance to win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous work of art Andrea :-) I love the pink trees and the background is gorgeous! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE your cheery trees. So awesome. Pink makes me so happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE your cheery trees. So awesome. Pink makes me so happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is just gorgeous and love how you made the clouds - like a Starry Night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look at those - what frothy fabulous fun!! I love your alternative take on a winter wonderland.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous, Andrea! I love the pink trees! They remind me of the lot in the Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon :D

    Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink trees ROCK !!! So very clever and fun; very playful color palette !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very awesome. I wish I'd invented those bough dies... very cool! Ok... where's the silver tree...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your creations of Pink trees, Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely ADORE this project and color scheme!! Thanks for sharing so many fabulous creations as part of the Simon Says DT. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your project, Andrea. Those pink trees and the coordinating colors you have behind them are smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your pink trees and how cleverly you created them! Beautiful Christmas Canvas! A very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who else but you, Andrea would have pink trees! They are gorgeous, and so clever to build them up on the skewer. And then you made that smashing background and frame which is the perfect color. Gorgeousness! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Andrea! The pink Christmas trees look amazing! Love the gorgeous frame too. Such a very pretty project! Wishing you wonderful holidays! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! This just took my breath away, Andrea...it's just exquisite and such a wonderful work of art! From the background to the fluffy pink trees ~ I love it all! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a very happy 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank-you for picking me for the designer spotlight for the 'just a pinch' challenge! Have a wonderful and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pink trees are amazing! love the way that you build them! Great project,it's so festive! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your beautiful creation, Andrea. The colors and trees are fabulous. Have a happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE those little trees you made, and the color scheme is delightful. I also like the dimension the trees added to your composition. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete