Monday, February 8, 2016

My Cards and Tags: Dylusions Ink Spray Tags

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Spritz and Spray is this week's theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I love rich bold colors, so I am a huge fan of Dylusions Ink Spray, which I used on the background of these tags:


I started with some tags I cut out of white Mixed Media Paper.  I smudged Distress Ink onto the tags, then I sprayed them with various colors of Dylusions ink spray.  I also dripped some water onto the Distress Ink sections, then soaked it back up with a paper towel after leaving it for a few minutes.  That's what created the white circle-splotches.


While my tags dried, I stamped some background images using Tim Holtz's Documented stamp set, and Simon Says Stamp's Tiny Alphabet background stamp.  I also used the Prima honeycomb stencil for the polka dot background.  I grabbed my circle punches and punched circles out of the stamped/stenciled sections, then outlined them with Sharpie pens.

I glued the circles onto my tags and added some yarn.  I finished them off by stamping some "power words" using Dina Wakley stamps and adding those on top.


I enjoyed whippin' out the sprays and seeing what emerged as the colors blended together.  I used these fabulous supplies from Simon Says Stamp to make my tags:


Can't wait to see what you do with spritzing and spraying this week!  Remember to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous tags Andrea, the colours and whole design of these are AWESOME!! I love the sentiment on each one too, love the positive vibes :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Andrea!! I love how vibrant these tag are! they are so yummi...makes me want to go and play with my inks and spray!

    xx Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! Love the bright and vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tags, can't wait to get started on something for this challenge. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool colorful tags, Andrea! Love the fun yarns you used :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorful tags are stunning as always! You know I adore your use of colors! Great idea to use yarns at the top of your tags! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Andrea! These are so pretty! Love the artsy vibe of the sprays! And the yarns are such an amazing touch! Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I love your gorgeous bright colors, Andrea! The words you chose are powerful, and knowing your love of words, I am sure these speak from your heart. Are those some of your favorite fibers I spy? Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your way with colour is just sensational - it makes me happy - colour therapy, I suppose - brilliant tags, and thank you for the happy.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that your colorful work (play) and the words chosen for the tags might represent your personality to a "T" (or a jot or a tittle?). Positive vibes--for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so very "you"-- colorful, bright, cheery work! Inspiring... Especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! These are fabulous, Andrea!! So artsy and such vibrant colours! I love the little bits of fibers. These just make me feel good and make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These tags are gorgeous! Andrea. Love the beautiful background you created. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These tags are just stunning, Andrea! The blend of colours is so vibrant and striking and I adore the addition and the gorgeous texture of the yarns, which work so perfectly against the background ~ just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice collecting of vibrant tags...I especially like the one with the alphabet background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice collecting of vibrant tags...I especially like the one with the alphabet background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fantastic Andrea! Love the colours, words and circles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your colour combinations on your tags and the splashes and circles of colour. I can see I need to play with my sprays more. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my card for the Simon Says Challenge. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete