Monday, February 22, 2016

My Cards and Tags: Inspired by a Song

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Music is a constant part of my life, so I was ecstatic about this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme, which is "Inspired by a Song."  I made some cards using lyrics from some of my favorite singers, The Avett Brothers and Ben Harper.


I found these fun paper kid images in my stash which I decided to use for my characters. I made the background of this card with C'est La Vie paper that I cut out with a project Life 4"x6" die.  I added some oomph with a Darkroom Door polka dot stamp and some die-cut Circle Loops from Simon Says Stamp.  The sentiment is spelled out with Hero Arts Alphabet stamps and I threw on some Doodlebug Sprinkle dots to represent bubbles.


On this card, I used Simon's One With Nature stamp set to create the trees and made the scallop at the top with Simon's Tiny Alphabet stamp and Stencil Girl's Scalloped Edges stencil.  The lemon is from Bo Bunny's Calendar Girl paper and the card base itself is a Project Life card from the Odds and Ends set.


Here are the supplies I used on these cards that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:




With such a fantastically inspiring theme, I'm excited to see what YOU come up with!  Be sure to upload your masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
   


19 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations Andrea, the colours, sentiments and whole design of these are gorgeous! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards, Andrea! The images are adorable and I love the bright colors. I'm gong over your supply list and making a wish list. :) Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I just love the girl riding the fich! What a creative vision :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....these cards are ADORABLE!! Very inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super fantastic! I love the colors you have used and they just jump off the page with beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea!!! Shut. Up. I saw the Avett Bros in Folsom, CA when they were living in their van in the early 2000s and playing at restaurants. I bought Mignonette FROM THEM. Them. HA!
    And... your art is fab, as always. Love everything you put out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely creation! Andrea. The embellishments and colors are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A combination of beauty and whimsy at its finest! Love it, Andrea!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Andrea! Your unique style is always funny and amazing! Your way to mix colors and vintage images is stunning! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabulous colourful fun take on the song lyrics that inspire...beautiful attention to detail...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL funny!!! Ok, Andrea, your image of the girl on the fish "scooter" is the bomb diggity!! Just makes me laugh! Both cards are wonderful, and your colors are gorgeous, and you always know what to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can think of no better mode of transport than riding on the back of a fish. Reigns may be optional but totally recommended on the type of fish that turns corners sharply. Super fun tribute to your musical tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty, Andrea! Love the cute girls. The girl that is riding the fish is brilliant! You're such a creative genius to come up with that! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whimsical and fun...these are wonderful little pieces of artwork, Andrea and as always, your detail and colour palette are just amazing and each piece is a wonderful tribute to the lyrics of the songs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love these!!! aaaaaaaaahhh can I have one!? PRETTY PLS?!?!?! They are both amazing. Love the colors, the songs and how everything is tied together!
    Hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just wonderful! How very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful
    Thank for your always encouraging me

    ReplyDelete