Monday, February 29, 2016

My Other Creations: Wire and Paper Chairs

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is highly intriguing!  It's to leap into the unknown.  I decided to make something I've never made before, so behold my first-ever paper and wire chairs!


I started out with patterned paper that I cut into cushion-shapes, sewed together and stuffed with batting.  WAY easier than real sewing in my opinion.  I don't think my poor sewing machine would know how to react if I was sewing something for real and using (heaven forbid) a pattern, pins and straight lines!


I then smudged on some Distress Ink and stamped the paper with some words from Avery Elle's "Write It" stamp set.  I love the graphic swirls and curls of this set.

After I spiffed up my cushions, I curled some wire into leg shapes and glue-gunned the heck out of them to the backs of the cushions.  Believe you me when I tell you the backs of these chairs is NOT PRETTY!  Just some crafting honesty for you.

I decided to add a human touch to my chairs and loved these two sassy ladies from Tim Holtz's Photobooth cards.  I included sentiments that I cut out of a piece of paper from Photoplay's Like a Girl collection.  I threw on a swirl cut with My Favorite Things' Scribble die and called it a day!


Here are the supplies I used for my wonky little chairs that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I can't wait to see how you "take a leap into the unknown!"  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire the rest of us and to enter yourself to win the $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp.

https://simonsaysstamp.com/

https://simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous creations Andrea, very original and you definitely took a giant leap of creativity with these! AWESOME!! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant idea, beautifully executed . Love them. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew - that is one challenge! Your chairs are so funky and cool! Thanks mucho for your kind words on my blog, Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so COOL :-) I love the crazy colors and strong black sentiments. Amazing idea! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cute and very creative indeed. Love them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always take leaps and your sew-stuff-smudge-stamp-spiff-swirl-sassy techniques make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous, cool, and oh so wonderful Andrea. I love them Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a first... but now you'll need a paper loveseat :) These are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Your creativity never fails to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and inventive, I love these! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! You made chairs! What a fun and clever idea!!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every week I say "this is my favorite Andrea project!" and then you go and make something even more fabulous. These are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, your fun and funky chairs are wonderful! I'd like to put my order in right now for life size ones just like these!! Wouldn't that be something?! Colors are luscious, and the stamping on the patterned paper looks so bold. Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun and lovely creation! Andrea. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome, Andrea! Such an original and creative idea. I love it and I love the colors. Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. An ingenious make Andrea and I love your gorgeous bright colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fabulous idea Andrea! I love your chairs, and the photo booth images mixed with those sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fabulous and totally unique idea! I love the bright colours and the quirkiness of these wonderful projects ~ they are just wonderful, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These chairs are fabulous, Andrea! I love them so much! And the pictures with the speech balloons are amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Wow Wow!Your brain is constantly on the move! I can not believe what I see! Your creativity is unique! Wonderful projects! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  22. ANDREAAAA CAN I SCREAAAAAM???I am totally in love with these chairs!!!!! so so so so great! Love it!
    The final result is totally cool, i love the black stitches they look amazing with the vibrant color palette of your chairs!
    Hugs xxx <3 Zoey

    ReplyDelete