Monday, May 30, 2016

My Cards and Tags: Reverse Confetti Big Stripes Cover Plate Tags

I'll be honest: this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme scared me to death!  The theme is monochrome and the only thing that would've made me hyperventilate even more is if it would've been monochrome white!  Be that as it may, I really did survive the challenge and enjoyed it in the long run.  Here are the three tags I made, each one showing a monochromatic color scheme.


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 I started by using Reverse Confetti's new Big Stripes Cover Plate die, which is fabulous.  I wrapped the die-cut paper around white tags.


Next I spritzed on some ink and glued on a piece of text from an old book.  I outlined the words of the sentiment that I wanted to show up.  I also found a black scribbly circle stamp that would fit around the sentiment just right (Taylored Expressions Stroke of Genius 2 set).


I smudged on some white and pink acrylic paint, then I stamped around the circle with Ranger Jet Black Archival and also added a Seth Apter die-cut ring around the sentiment (his wonderful Robo Rings die in this case).  I also stamped some black ink splats up the side using My Favorite Things' Distressed Patterns stamp.


I smudged more ink here and there and added some stitched stamping around the edges (Bo Bunny's Stitches stamp) and glued on some heartsI finished it off with a paperclip and some yarn strung through the tag's hole.

 
I had to show a close-up of Seth Apter's cool Ring Around die, too!


This monochrome theme almost had me beat, but I really enjoyed it in the end.  I especially got  a kick out of trying to highlight certain words out of book texts to form the sentiments for each tag.



These are the supplies I used on these projects which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I would love to see what you come up with for this week's monochrome theme!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance at fame and fortune (or at least a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store)!

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
   
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

20 comments:

  1. You not only survived but excelled the challenge !I just loved the monochromatic tags ! Never thought of using a coverplate die-cut on a tag and when you combined it with stamping its Fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags Andrea! I love how you used the die cut, brilliant, and the colours and details are all gorgeous! It doesn't look like you were fazed by this challenge at all!! you totally nailed it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing tags, Andrea! I love how you used the Seth Apter dies and added so much texture. Love your bright colors as always too. Even if the challenge had been to use only white, you would've nailed it. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up... Dude, if I saw you do monochromatic white, I'd call the authorities in your 'hood and ask them to check on you! These, however, are very you-- esp. when placed together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic idea ... love the colours you used to.
    greets
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING TAGS!!! WOW! Love the bright colors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've managed to turn your monochromes into a tri-colored collection of beauties and, in my opinion, this illustrates your overwhelming addiction to color. Like a Lays potato chip, you just can't eat one, can you? However, given the fabulous results you have achieved, no rehabilitation is necessary but if I were you, I'd take a vacation if the challenge is ever white (which is also the color of straight-jackets).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these tags. The vibrant colors are just perfect. And thanks for incorporating my dies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful designs, love the colours Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS tags, love all of your thoughtful little details. I would actually pay good money to see you create a white on white project....AND I know it would be FANTASTIC! Have a spectacular day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, I'll be honest, I was wondering how you would do this too! LOL!! I was really stuck on this one myself, but I love how you got around it by making 3 tags each a different color. Now, that was brilliant! And I also see more of Seth's dies that have to go on my wishlist!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear about the hyperventilating, but wow, it was worth it! Fabulous work with the dies, and the monochrome trio looks sensational.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely rocked the challenge...love all the amazing colours...take a big bow...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW ! your tags are awesome and so original ! I also like very much your choice of colors ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap (http://izzyscrap.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your gorgeous tags, Andrea. These three color schemes are amazing are amazing. I love the those beautiful embellishments on the tags, too. Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab tags! Love this color combo!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these tags are stunning! Love all the elements you used. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Andrea, you've really made me laugh! Me too, I was very scared by this challenge but I did it!! A wonderful job, your style is fabulous even in monochrome way! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tags, Andrea! You've nailed this challenge! They're so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete