Monday, September 5, 2016

My Other Creations: STAMPtember 2016 Gentle Fox Gift Bag

The Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember celebration is in full swing!  I can't wait to see what goodies are in store as the month progresses.  The theme this week is so easy and fabulous: just stamp something!  I did just that with this fall-themed gift bag featuring some of Simon's new STAMPtember releases.


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/category/Shop-Simon-Releases-Stamptember
 
I started by making the cute felt fox using Simon's Plush Gentle Fox die.  I sewed all the pieces together and added some "clothes" with cotton patterned fabric.  I added a pocket and some flowers.

The bag itself was made with wood grain paper from Simple Stories (Basics 12 x 12 collection) and the We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punch Board.  I cut some leaves with Tim Holtz's Tattered Leaves die, then stamped them with Simon's new Abstract Triangles stamp.  I smeared Distress Ink onto the leaves and dripped water onto the smears to create the water-drop circles.  I also used the Tim Holtz Trellis die and Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid paper to create more background pattern.


I finished this off by adding the "Give Thanks" sentiment from Simon's new Autumn Greetings stamp set and added the fox to the front.  I decorated the top of the bag with some yarn and pom poms.

Here are all the wonderful products I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



And I am SURE that you will create all sorts of magnificent art with your stamps!  Can't wait for the inspiration to roll in and when you submit your entries to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, you will also enter yourself into the running for a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store!
https://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://simonsaysstamp.com/
 

18 comments:

  1. Awww, just melts my heart... this guy is so cute. I love that traingle stamp. I think HA has one similar... it lives in my shopping cart at Amazon. Maybe I'll scoot to SS shop and get a twinsie-stamp like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And I love the color combos you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fox is so sly....no so cute, omgoodness the cutest thing ever! I love how you made your bag too, perfect for the furry woodland creature! Just come over and play already lol Love your ART! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous!!! I love the unexpected bright colors!!! awesome eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little fox is so adorable! The added stitching, clothing and flowers really make it special. I love how you arranged the leaves and patterned paper behind the fox. Wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable, Andrea! I love the plaid paper behind the die cut and the design on the leaves from the abstract triangle stamp! Brilliant! That pink fox is the cutest with that little bow and flower. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, this is adorable! Love the mix of felt with patterned papers. Your fox is so...foxy in pink! I am always a sucker for plaids and these are great colors. The bits and baubles of of threads and pom poms are a great touch! xx Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. This fox is amazing and soooo sweeeeet! I love the warm autumn colors. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of colour as always - the rainbow shades look particularly lovely against the soft grey. Cute fox!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling project, Andrea! The little fox is so cute! Love everything about it! It's amazing! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can create truly amazing projects! Every time I am surprised by your ability to use and mix colors and materials! Amazing as always! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love...that fox is adorable and love how you used the abstract design on the leaves...you are one clever cookie...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What can I add that I haven't already said about your work, Andrea ~ you always create such unique pieces of art and every week I'm just amazed with how you use the products and this is no exception...I just LOVE everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute Andrea! The pink fox is the sweetest and looks great on the wood paper (which I've just got to order). Beautiful fibers too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just so adorable and beautifully done. The wee stitched fox is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super adorable, Andrea. I love the this cute fox and your beautiful stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The woodgrain paper...the fox!...the flowers...it's all my favorite. You're so talented! You can sew and Graham would be proud.

    ReplyDelete