Monday, August 29, 2016

My Other Creations: Matchbook Sewing Kit

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is, "It's a Stitch Up!"  Translation: incorporate stitching or sewing somehow into your project.  I decided to make a sewing kit out of a matchbook.


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 
You've seen the outside view.  Here's a peek inside:


To make this, I used the Tim Holtz Matchbook die, then I used some Tim Holtz fabric panels for the inside.  I cut out two felt rectangles, then sewed two pieces of fabric around the felt (like a sandwich with the felt in the middle).  This made the fabric panels more "padded" and the pins and needles stayed in them very well. 


I sewed these panels into my matchbook, then I gave them some more oomph by gluing on some fabric that I'd stamped and colored.


I wrapped some embroidery floss around a ticket , which fits inside nicely, and there you have it!  I used a lot of fun supplies on this project that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:




I can't wait to see what you come up with for this theme!  Just upload your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store!
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

19 comments:

  1. New name for Andrea's craft table = "Imagination Station"

    I have fun just looking at your creations, I can only imagine the fun you have creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness my 'to do' list is getting longer and longer! I will have to make one of these too! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic project Andrea!!!! I LOVE IT <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, Andrea! I love the bright happy colors and what a little treasure to carry some sewing stuff in. I can't decide if I like the outside better or the inside!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dimension and bright/bold colors!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did use A LOT of FUN supplies on this one f a kind creation! This could be a handy dandy little travel set OR just something pretty to look at! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another rainbow of delights - love all the fabric scraps adding such great texture - brilliant inspiration for the theme.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning textures and colors! I love your idea, your matchbook is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really... I don't know what words i can use.... This little matchbook is totally stunning! Colors and details are amazing! Stunning work! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always create the most original things. I can't wait each week to see what you do next. This matchbox sewing kit is adorable. Love the colors!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like it was heaps of fun to make.
    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fabulous is this! Really, really brilliant inspiration! Great colours and textures and a clever idea! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! This is fantastic. I'd need this too! Great oatterns and colors. Just stunning! Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!! Something like that would make me find my needles much quicker than today. Beautiful mix of fabrics, colours and shapes, and the ticket was a super clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. genius idea...love your matchbox sewing kit hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous Andrea ~ so imaginative and so unique! The colours are wonderful and I adore how you've used all these scraps to create such a stunning project... <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your beautiful project! Andrea. It's so creative and unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow? What a fun and colorful project I love this sweet sewing kit idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fabulous project, Andrea! The sewing kit is stunning! Love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete