Monday, March 6, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Collage Using Dylusions Star Stencil

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to make your own background.  I had some patterned paper scraps left over from last week's project, so I decided to incorporate those into this grid-style background.  And I practiced my sketching skills again with this whimsical little redhead.



I started by punching out a bunch of patterned paper squares.


Next I made a grid with a ruler that I lined up all the squares on.


I toned it down with a light layer of white paint.


Then I added some scraps of fabric.



I added a spray of stars made with a stencil.  All that was left was to draw my girl and then fussy-cut her out and glue her to the background.  I also stamped and cut out the cute little bird for her hair.  For the sentiment, I combined words from two different Dylusions stamp sets.  I embellished my girl's dress with the "joyful" sentiment from Bo Bunny and some Ruler Ribbon from Tim Holtz.


Here are the supplies I used on my project that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I know you all are incredibly skilled at all sorts of techniques to make your own background, so I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 to the Simon Says Stamp store.



17 comments:

  1. your red haired girl is so delightful and I love your tiled background Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous panel Andrea :-) I love your redhead! she is so cute!! the background and is gorgeous, too, love the combination of papers and fabric, the whole design is brilliant :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I love your gorgeous project, Andrea. This is such a brilliant idea to create the background pattern. The redhead girl is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you use patterned paper, Andrea. You are the master at it and a master at those beautiful bright and cheerful colors.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your whitewashed patchwork grid, and the sketched girl is just adorable - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You redhead is beautiful! Love how you created that pretty little background too! Love the; Be Bold, Be You! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, this is straight up A-mazing! I love that you sketched her AND gave her red hair! She seriously should be a stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so adorable...love, love the dp's you used with that sweet image!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make the best things! Love how you made the grid and whitewashed it into that fabulous background. LOVE your girl, she is amazing, and red hair and a bird on top!! I think this is my new favorite!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the patchwork look to your background, Andrea! Very cool!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this project Andrea and your sketching...wow! This needs to be turned into a stamp, it's stunning! Wonderful work as always and an absolute feast for the eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your drawing is fantastic Andrea. I love her. And the background is stunning too, with all the patterns and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your paper scraps background is gorgeous Andrea and what a clever cookie you are...your sketchy redhead is adorable...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Andrea you amaze me every week! Your drawing is fantastic! Especially I love how you created background and how you use white paint to lighten your project! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Andrea, that patchwork background is fabulous ... and your hand drawn red haired girl is brilliant ... love the touch of fabric next to her! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, how creative you are!!! Love your patchwork background - great idea for using up all those scraps too! But your sketch of the little redhead girl is brilliant!! She has sparkle in her eyes!!! Love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet patchwork! Love the image and the coloring which is so fresh and colorful as always. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete