Monday, October 23, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Using Brushos and Dina Wakley's Text and Scribbles Stamp

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is Monochrome.  I decided to go with a blue color palette to make this card:


And then, just because I'm a multi-color-holic, I did the same card design again to see how it would look in different colors.  This is the card that I took process pictures of as well.

I used some of Dina Wakley's new products: a Medieval Crosses stencil and her Text and Scribbles stamp set.  I started by penciling in some of the crosses and then coloring them in with Distress Ink.  My coloring method is to dab a sponge onto the Distress Ink pad, then smudge it over the stencil.

Next I water-colored over the Distress Ink:

Next I spritzed the page with water and let it run down in drips.

While the paper was still was still wet, I sprinkled on some Brushos crystals and hit it again with another spritz or two.

When it was dry, I heat-embossed one of Dina's circle stamps onto it and bumped up the color in a few spots with more Distress Ink and some acrylic paint.

When it was dry, I used the Medieval Crosses stencil again and outlined the edges of the crosses with a black Sharpie.  I finished it off by gluing on some paper leaves (placed horizontally), some extra text stamping, and adding sentiments that I cut out of old books.

I did enjoy trying my hand at monochrome and felt that it did lend itself nicely to the "Feeling Blue" vibe.

Here are the supplies I used, that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


I'm excited to see how you do monochrome!  Be sure to upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.

17 comments:

  1. Love your card, Andrea! Blue is my favorite color and this is fabulous. I'm loving all the splatters and drips. So cool!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of messy cards. I love the blue the most and the technique is interesting. Great bold black details too. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I saw the Monday challenge and immediately scrolled down to see how you handled it!!! Monochrome??? You??? But you crafted like a boss and ended up on top! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look--the transparent purity of colors against the white background. I may have to give the brushos a try as I'm splatter-impaired and sprinkle versus splatter sounds safer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you LOVE color, it is wicked hard to stick with just one! Love how you did one awesome one in blues, then hit the colors! You rock, Andrea! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! Blue is my favourite colour and I enjoyed seeing how you created them too 😁. Enjoy your week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Andrea!!! I really like how you used Dina Wakley's products, I love them but I find it difficult to employ them. I'm fascinated by your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these Andrea...it's just so beautiful and I love how you've used the blue, which is my favourite colour, on the one card but then used your usual, and wonderful combination of colours on the other card! Stunning work... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful projects Andrea, love how you used Dina's products to make an amazing scribbly dribbly card...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the two versions of your project! Really interesting to see the different effect! Love both so much! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Andrea, for your lovely comment over on my blog. I love your style, so artsy. Completely different to my style but I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beyond amazing Andrea, I fall in love everytime i see something you created, it is like i am connecting with your soul every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool project. That stencil is perfect for small doses with big effect. And I totally love those extra leaves! Thanks for your nice comment over on my blog BTW. Glad to inspire you too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects Andrea!! I love both versions that you made. Your use of the cross stencil was really great and it came out looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these fabulous projects, Andrea. The colors and texture are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun and beautiful projects, Andrea! Love the multi colored one, and the blue one is amazing too! The brushos gives them such a cool effect. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete