Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Cards and Tags: Good Times

April.  The month of Spring and mild temperatures, yes?  Not today!  High wind warnings were issued and SNOW, yes SNOW, flew this morning!  As I tried to keep my face from freezing off, I thought about happy things like beaches and lemonade and reading in the sun.  Since that wasn't going to happen, I made a happy Summer-colored card instead.


One of the niftiest tools I used to make this card was a brand new product from Lifestyle Crafts / Quickutz called Detailz Dies.  They allow you to cut and emboss and there are some really fun designs.  Behold!!  This is the set I used for my card: the very cute "Banners" set:


To make this card, I used paper from My Mind's Eye (just like always!  Love, love, love!) and paper from the Simple Stories' "100 Days of Summer" collection.  On the Lifestyle Crafts banner die, I used a text stamp from 7 Gypsies and inked around the edges.  The "Good Times" sentiment is also from Simple Stories and I threw a binder clip on top of the banner.  I also included fabric because apparently that's just how I roll.



So hey!  Keep on enjoying Spring...unless it's really more like Winter...and we'll patiently wait just a little longer to fall asleep in the hammock with some Bob Marley on the breeze.  :)