Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Other Creations: Prima "Fly" Shadowbox

This past week I went to my favorite scrapbook store and stumbled upon a Prima bonanza!  You know that I use their flowers on pretty much anything and everything, but they had so many amazing paper collections and accessories and stamps that I hadn't seen before!  If you haven't seen what they've been up to lately, I suggest you check them out immediately !  I went into instant Prima overload (in a good way) and merely stood paralyzed in the Prima section for a good three minutes before switching over to "grab" mode.

After giddily making my purchases, I brought them home and created this little shadowbox from two of their collections that I absolutely adore: the Divine collection and the Fairy Rhymes collection:


Because I was loving so many elements that were part of the patterned paper, I cut around them or cut them out and either curled their edges (flowers) or folded them in half (butterflies) to add some dimension.



Since I went with a whole "Fly" theme for this shadowbox, I included birds, butterflies and the center picture which I loved: a hot air balloon. I stamped the sentiment "Fly" onto a fabric scrap with some alphabet stamps from EK Success.


Such absolutely versatile and gorgeous elements in these paper collections!  Really love them.  On an unrelated side note, really love my hubby, too.  He got stuck waiting for me while I shopped and went Prima-crazy for what had to be a good hour and didn't even bat an eye.  For a manly man in a scrapbooking store, that was nothing short of heroic!