Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Other Creations: CKCB "Stickers Only" Challenge!

Wow!  Talk about a sticky tricky challenge!  Our Counterfeit Kit Design Team was challenged to use stickers as embellishments on our latest project.  I ended up making this little tin:


So how do I justify this as a "stickers only" item?  Well, I painted a tin to make it look vintage-y and added a scrap or two of fabric and a Prima flower to the base / background.  On the front of the tin, the main focal point is the bird and the sentiment.  And guess what?  It is a STICKER!  Ha!  I can't even tell you how many times I've meant to use this fabulous sticker from K & Company (it's been in the stash for a l-o-n-g time, believe you me), so this project is just what I needed to finally make a sticker the star of the show.


I also thought that Washi tape should count as a sticker, so I hung some of it down from a Tim Holtz hanger and connected it to the aforementioned bird sticker.  Sticker tape taped to a sticker?  Come on!  It just doesn't get much stickier than that, right??


So a hearty thanks is in order for CKCB for really making me scratch my head on this one!  And for those of you that still don't know what CKCB is, it's a fantastic blog that encourages us to "counterfeit" a current crafting kit that's out on the market with supplies we already own!  If you are a supply hoarder like unto myself, this is a great blog to help you de-stash and get excited about your old products again!

9 comments:

  1. great project, Andrea! Love that you put together an altered item for the challenge. loveit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok wow!!! this is gorgeous!!!! totally adorable and love your style for it!! perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty.
    I really like the ribbons on the hanger at the top - very creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Andrea!!!! And, I'm adoring that sweet little hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH that is so beautiful! And I'm loving how you've justified your inclusions . . .washi tape is a sticker . . . I'll remember that when I attempt this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing that would make this stickier is if the tin is filled with toffee! Utterly charming - esp love the fabric behind & the washi strung hanger :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this sure does not look like a snapping monster to me - in fact it looks quite beautiful!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute way to incorporate some washi and that little hanger. Very clever. Beautiful Tag!

    ReplyDelete